addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Japanese Meetup @Singapore Message Board › My thoughts of learning Japanese

My thoughts of learning Japanese

Closed to new replies

A former member
Post #: 2
Hi wenyan,

Many thanks for ur suggestions.

I like the suggestion of watching the drama again w/o subtitles. I shall try that when i am free.

Oh yes, i think i can do better than jus getting by.

Thanks again for ur time and suggestions.
Darwin Z.
user 10550946
Singapore, SG
Post #: 85
ganbatte
Darwin Z.
user 10550946
Singapore, SG
Post #: 86
I also like to watch anime show alot. Japanese actually hate it.

Teenager too rebellion for their culture i guess...
A former member
Post #: 4
I'm the fool who wants to watch Japanese anime and dress in an anime character and learn Japanese for 10 years and can't understand or speak basic Japanese after all that time :rolling eyes: I took 4 months of German in college and can speak/understand enough German to get by in Germany. But I'm the fool :rolling eyes:

Haha someone really loves making a fool of himself here. May I know who you're trying to describe? Maybe you have problems with English comprehension. Thread-starter CAN speak basic Japanese and CAN get by in Japan. She would just like to improve it further to do much more than getting by, like read the newspapers. Oh yes, I'm sure you're such a genius that after 4 months of German in college, you could read the German newspapers with ease.

Thread-starter mentioned Jdrama, but I don't know how you twisted that in your mind into 'watch Japanese anime and dress in an anime character'. You also said 'some day when you do decide to move out of your parents' house and get a job', alluding that thread-starter is a goofing good-for-nothing, which I tried to tell you otherwise. But oh wait, with your level of English comprehension, you might not have understood that.

I love fools. They provide me with something to bite.

You want to talk about English comprehension? What about proper English grammar? What a typical wannabe. Anyways, unlike you, I'm not here to meet wannabes just my fellow Japanese "peeps" ;-)
Ching Chong!
A former member
Post #: 5
I'm the fool who wants to watch Japanese anime and dress in an anime character and learn Japanese for 10 years and can't understand or speak basic Japanese after all that time :rolling eyes: I took 4 months of German in college and can speak/understand enough German to get by in Germany. But I'm the fool :rolling eyes:

Haha someone really loves making a fool of himself here. May I know who you're trying to describe? Maybe you have problems with English comprehension. Thread-starter CAN speak basic Japanese and CAN get by in Japan. She would just like to improve it further to do much more than getting by, like read the newspapers. Oh yes, I'm sure you're such a genius that after 4 months of German in college, you could read the German newspapers with ease.

Thread-starter mentioned Jdrama, but I don't know how you twisted that in your mind into 'watch Japanese anime and dress in an anime character'. You also said 'some day when you do decide to move out of your parents' house and get a job', alluding that thread-starter is a goofing good-for-nothing, which I tried to tell you otherwise. But oh wait, with your level of English comprehension, you might not have understood that.

I love fools. They provide me with something to bite.

Funny that you question my English comprehension since I'm an American. Do you want me to point out all your grammatical errors in your dumb "Singlish" improper English writing skills "lah"? I am going to a meetup that you are going to just to see what your fat chink face can say in person ;-)
Wendy Wei 温.
user 45047532
Singapore, SG
Post #: 2
I think Wenyan should not mention "fool" at beginning. What Moon said at beginning is understandable as a westerner (I mean who has lived in western society).
wy
user 3349532
Singapore, SG
Post #: 87
Wendy Wei, read what Moon said at the beginning again.
If you've been learning Japanese for 10 years and still need subtitles I suggest you give up being a Japanese wannabe and learn proper English. That may actually come in handy some day when you do decide to move out of your parents' house and get a job.
You really think it's ok for any person to write in such a condescending tone to someone he has never met about something he knows nuts about? I will stand by my judgement that this is one fool who can't admit he's mistaken. The only purpose of his totally unhelpful post is to insult the threadstarter and to make himself feel high and mighty, and I totally cannot stand such nonsense. His further posts only served to reinforce my opinion of him, where he tried to prove me wrong by fallacious arguments, his favourite being to poison the well.

I strongly disagree with your point that what he said at the beginning is understandable, because any human being, no matter where or how they grow up, should not behave like that unprovoked. If you have your misconceptions, you keep them to yourself and do not insult people. It is ok to have misconceptions. It is not ok to insult people. There are tonnes of other nice westerners around, and I'm sure this is one of the very few who behave like this. I have tolerated his nonsense and tried to just let it pass, including one very racist and rude message on my profile (that I deleted) half a year after this discussion was over, and now again one year later, he takes to digging up this thread and insulting my countrymen
dumb "Singlish" improper English writing skills "lah"?
when he couldn't find an actual grammar error to support his argument, and my race
fat chink face
because he had nothing better to say.

This charming man has also failed to turn up yesterday, in case you were wondering.

I have no intention of being nice to undeserving people who behave like jerks. If you feel I'm nasty, feel free to stay away from me.
A former member
Post #: 6
Can someone help this fat dumb girl out? She thinks there are no spelling or grammatical errors in this paragraph HAHA!!!!

"I strongly disagree with your point that what he said at the beginning is understandable, because any human being, no matter where or how they grow up, should not behave like that unprovoked. If you have your misconceptions, you keep them to yourself and do not insult people. It is ok to have misconceptions. It is not ok to insult people. There are tonnes of other nice westerners around, and I'm sure this is one of the very few who behave like this. This charming man has also failed to turn up yesterday, in case you were wondering."

Yeah I already mentioned I had something better to do than see a bunch of chinks trying to be Japanese HAHAHA! But I know you are too stupid to understand proper English so let me say it in your Singlish. "Me kunt go to meetup last nite because me have betta things to do lah with someone else not fat and stooopid like u, u know lah?" HAHAHAHA

Don't worry, I'll show up and have to look at your fat ugly face and we'll see who is who and what is what ;-)
SHショウ
user 39646812
Singapore, SG
Post #: 1
Can someone help this noobtard out? He thinks there are no problems with his head

Why, for someone who keeps claiming that others are "wannabes", "trying to be japanese", MR.Japanese dont seem to know shit about Japanese.

How disappoinmenting, it would seem like you are the one :
hiding behind a computer,
wannabe japanese,
trying to be japanese
and, obviously the one that is stupid.

Only making cheap statements and empty remarks about "showing up". Seems like you didnt show up, no surprise and lucky for you.

Lastly, since you commented on the appearance of others. Dude, you need buy a mirror that works, you got the face even your mom wont love. And you need to start getting your lazy bum off the couch and get a part time first, your mom wont feed you forever. And unlike the anime world that you like so much, girls wont just miraculously fall for your sorry ass.

Since sad individuals like you will only appear online, not in real life, we are all just giving our 2cents pity.

I know my words hurt, and you WILL spend the time to rebut and (attempt to)think and go on waste your already meaningless life by replying.

Kieran
user 5339385
Singapore, SG
Post #: 5
Moon,

First things first. You have a strong indication of being racist, especially evident from your usage of the word "chink". One report to the police and you will be stripped naked in our prison and caned. No amount of crying to President Obama is going to get you out of our merciless prison. You can go read about Michael Fay on how he was caned despite President Bill Clinton's pleas, which only served to reduce the caning by a grand total of....*drumroll*.... 2 strokes.

By the way, on our turf we label you as a "Banana" due to your Asian ancestry. Would you like us to call you that? The organisers of this meetup can give you a nickname you know.

Second, I note that Americans are fundamentally flawed in their spelling. I can point out many examples to you:

Color instead of colour
Flavor instead of flavour
Armor instead of armor
Favorite instead of favourite
Theater instead of theatre
Center instead of centre
Canceled instead of cancelled
Fetus instead of foetus
Maneuver instead of manoevre
Appetizer instead of appetiser
Pajamas instead of pyjamas
Check instead of cheque
Diarrhea instead of diarrhoea
Analog instead of analogue
Monolog instead of monologue
Savior instead of saviour
etc.

Please go ahead to point out the grammar mistakes that any of us have made, because I noticed you made some too.

"If you've been learning Japanese for 10 years and still need subtitles<I notice that you are a robot who doesn't need to breathe. A comma here is in order.> I suggest you give up being a Japanese wannabe and learn proper English. That may actually come in handy some day <dude, it's "someday", not "some day"> when you do decide <"Do decide" is a horrible redundancy.> to move out of your parents' house and get a job."

"You want to talk about English comprehension? What about proper English grammar? What a typical wannabe. Anyways<you do not put an "s" after "anyway">, unlike you, I'm not here to meet wannabes<again, you need a comma here dude> just my fellow Japanese "peeps" ;-)
Ching Chong!<Not a grammatical error, but you seem to be labelling your fellow Japanese "peeps" with such a derogatory term. Tsk tsk.> "

And dude. Your Singlish is bad. REALLY bad. You do not use "lah" for a question you dumb ass. By showing how unnatural and bad you are at Singlish, it seems you're not very good at learning languages...