Japanese Meetup @Singapore Message Board › Any good Japanese Language School to recommend?

Any good Japanese Language School to recommend?

clarence
user 100839872
Singapore, SG
Post #: 1
Hi!

I'm new here & this is my first post. Saw many good reviews of aoba, bunka and ikoma and I couldn't decide on which school to go to. I have a friend who is studying in ikoma right now and she have pretty good reviews about them but the only thing is the price of the courses.

Was hoping to at least master Japanese for a bit for my trip to Japan in October.
Any recommendations?
As mentioned by your friend, Ikoma is pretty good school and so are the other schools around.
Esp. you are getting on beginner or so. How much of do you want to learn up before your trip?
For simple conversation, like ordering food, asking simple advice, getting around, etc. Get a 2 month + course if possible. Abit intense schedule is recommended. All the best :)

Shirin d.
user 103736532
Batam, ID
Any one interested to buy shin no nihongo?Please fb me.Tyvm.
Emily W.
user 103484142
Singapore, SG
Hi Konnichiwa, Both Bunka and Ikoma are good. It is quite difficult to get a place at Bunka.Bunka's teaching is accelerated learningm Ikoma has more choices of timetable.
David Y.
user 93354192
Singapore, SG
Check out Janus Academy at www.janus.edu.sg. I think better than Ikoma

Minasan, Konnichiwa

I am planning to take JLPT 3 this year and I am considering of changing school. I'm currently studying in a Jap school in Hougang. However, my previous teacher (because of personal reasons) has stopped teaching my class. With the change of teacher, I am not absorbing the lessons as well as before. Hence, I am thinking of switching to another school once my current module finish next month.

Anyone has any good Jap school to recommend? I would like to attend one which allows both writting and speaking opportunities (& not too expensive, I hope). Preferably, less than $10 per hr.

I only know JCS and Bunka...are they good?

Hope someone can share with me your learning experience in your Jap school.

Domou arigatou gozaimasu

Shirin d.
user 103736532
Batam, ID
Post #: 2
I think there still ikoma and perhaps other more.I'm currently studying under nakai at hougang also.May i know which sensei teaches you now?
peixuan
user 111208862
Singapore, SG
Hi.wanting to learn Japanese but stuck between bunka and pyaess. Any students studying in pyaess or bunka? Could you share your experience?
Mihoko
user 161141962
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 6
Hi,
I work for http://cafetalk.com...­ and yes, not because I work for Cafetalk but trust me I will recommend Cafetalk to my friends even if I don't work here.
We have "PRIVATE LESSON on Skype $7/50min."
I can also give you this coupon code -- Meetupatcafetalk punch in this coupon code when you register as a student, you will get 700 points, which will allow you to take above mentioned lesson totally free. Only if you like it, you can continue, or even take trial from different tutors. Yes, we are that confident. Our Japanese tutors are good.

If you know someone who teaches English, please also pass this information, we are always looking for language tutors. http://cafetalk.com/t...­

Good luck!
unknown
user 91509642
Singapore, SG
hi, i am also looking for an japanese leanguage school may i ask which leanguage school are you studying now?
Jane
user 26621862
Singapore, SG
Hey everyone, been reading through the past posts on this thread and need some advice. I wanted to see if anyone here has enrolled in the language classes at the Japanese Association of Singapore ("JAS") before? I'm currently enrolled there (Basic 3) but find the pace reaaaally slow. And there aren't as many chances as I would like to practice in conversation. Thinking of switching schools once I'm done with the current course (in about 2 months time).

If anyone has experience with JAS, please let me know how it compares to other bigger schools like bunka and ikoma. I'm not planning to take JLPT and my goal is really to become competent in conversation. So this being the case, would bunka be a better fit for my goal? Thanks in advance for the help!
Miki
user 174191232
Singapore, SG
Selling「みんなの日本語」textbooks!

1. Minna no Nihongo「みんなの日本語」Elementary Japanese 1
Translation & Grammar Notes - English ($38)
2. Minna no Nihongo「みんなの日本語」 Elementary Japanese 2
Translation & Grammar Notes - English ($38)
3. Minna no Nihongo「みんなの日本語」Elementary Japanese 2
Chinese Edition -CD included- ($20)

2 English version textbooks for $70
All textbooks for $90

All textbooks are brand new yet unsealed.