Japanese Meetup @Singapore Message Board › Giving away JTF Honyaku Kentei

Giving away JTF Honyaku Kentei

Bellis
Bellis
Singapore, SG
Post #: 44
Hello all,

I'm giving away my copy of JTF Honyaku Kentei as I no longer wish to pursue Japanese language. JTF Honyaku Kentei is for people who aspire to become Japanese-English / English-Japanese translators as this exam may give you a leg-up in jobs since it's recognised. It's a 2007 version, which I got my friend living in Japan then to purchase for me (if I'm correct, they only mail within Japan) and it may prove to be useful because the articles are still very much relevant for translation practices.

Articles are usually news reports and technical materials such as on society, technology, medical and finance, so if you are already reading and understanding Japanese / English newspapers, then this exam might be a breeze. Due to the level of difficulty, it is not exactly for people who are still taking JLPT or Japanese people still learning English. This is not to question ability but because I only have 1 copy, I hope this will be for someone who really needs it to get a job in translation. I will mail the package to you for free (to your office/home SG address) and yeah, good luck. LOL, it's really difficult! >o<

FYI you have to take the exams from JTF Japanese website at http://www.jtf.jp/...­.

Japanese people are welcome to request, as the book has for English to Japanese translation practice.

Pictures:
http://img.photobucke...­
http://img.photobucke...­

Please private message me to request and state why you need the book. The book will go to the person who I think will need most. Closing on 19 Jun, Wed at 2359 Singapore time.

Thank you.
Wendy Wei 温.
user 45047532
Singapore, SG
Post #: 3
Hi Bellis,

Thank you for your goodness for giving away the book.
I think I am the person need it most. Currently, I work as a trilingual translator (Chinese, English and Japanese). I studied English in colleage and then went to Japan for 2 years. To tell the truth, I have never be trained to translate from English to Japanese or vice versa, I just translate as the way I think it is right. That's why it is very important for me to get the book and study it by myself systematically. However, if there is someone else who need the book most, may I copy it?

cheers
Wendy
Wendy Wei 温.
user 45047532
Singapore, SG
Post #: 4
I forgot to leave my tel No. 83017222
Wendy Wei 温.
user 45047532
Singapore, SG
Post #: 5
How is it the result?
Bellis
Bellis
Singapore, SG
Post #: 45
After some deliberation, I have decided to give to denc75. He's currently working as a English <> Chinese translator/project manager in a translation company, and he'd like to expand his language pair to include English <> Japanese. Hopefully this would give him a leg up in his career.

As for the rest who wrote in, thank you for your participation.

Let's wish him well on this journey!

P.S.: denc75, I'll message you privately for your address. Please let us know whether you can share the materials with the rest. Thank you.