Japanese Meetup @Singapore Message Board › About Lack of Attendance and RSVP

About Lack of Attendance and RSVP

Leslie Kazuki N.
user 41166022
Singapore, SG
Hi, I have made myself very clear about securing your RSVP and  having No Shows.
And it has became clearly a problem.

Why? Let me explain:
People who RSVPED But aren't available creates two kind of problems;
One:Taking up space when another wants to come, Two: When we have RSVP events: Usually they are not "Free", We have to pay for equipment, Food and Drinks in advance and the worst experience I had dealing was tonight's Tenth Anniversary Party: Not because of Performance or One of Our Co-organizers who cracked his voice. But because we couldn't cover our cost and went into a deficit of 600 Dollars. Why? We trusted people to be more responsible, but we have obviously misplaced this trust we have for people who are serious about Japanese Culture, who just RSVP and didn't bother to come/Message/ Call or cancel EARLIER OR AT ALL. So We had 59+++ No Shows and I turned people AWAY WHO WERE INTERESTED.

I love this meetup, and I like the people who i meet here  please let us keep it a more responsible and really "cost free" platform for people to meet new people interested in the Japanese Language, Art, Media, Music,Drama, Culture.

Your Support is deeply appreciated.

P.S. I have been diligently marking people's attendance, your No-Show  will affect your future attempts on RSVP's Its more work for me but it will help to keep this platform fair

Anyone who wants to contribute to a donation against of deficit is welcomed. Please Contact us, Thank you.

Don't Email to this Address, any discussions can be directed to my email instead , look f or my profile on Meetup dot com. Things sent to  this email will  be published to everyone in the Meetup.com Thank you
Leslie Kazuki N.
user 41166022
Singapore, SG
Post #: 3
Added Note: Those who turn up without an RSVP (RSVP Tight events unlike our usual RSVP open events) in the future will be charged an additional administration fee depending on the event itself, please recognize this as I wish to have more participants but I would also encourage Responsibility in RSVP
Lim Cheng H.
chenghoo
Singapore, SG
Post #: 1
Dear Leslie,

i am very sorry for missing the 10th Anniversary Celebration yesterday..

m(_ _)m

it's really bad that i did not put it in my calendar and the worst is i could not recall i have RSVPed it, despite many emails that came forth.

Please allow me to contribute $60.00 as my share for a great event organized.

Once again, thanks for the great effort and contribution :)

Lim Cheng Hoo
Sms: 9772 4735
chenghoo@yahoo.co.jp

P.S.
The above message was sent via Meetup messaging yesterday morning; however, i am not sure how it works and whether has it been delivered.
-----

2014-01-25 Leslie Kazuki Ng <info@meetup.com>
Hi, I have made myself very clear about securing your RSVP and having No Shows.
And it has became clearly a problem.

Why? Let me explain:
People who RSVPED But aren't available creates two kind of problems;
One:Taking up space when another wants to come, Two: When we have RSVP events: Usually they are not "Free", We have to pay for equipment, Food and Drinks in advance and the worst experience I had dealing was tonight's Tenth Anniversary Party: Not because of Performance or One of Our Co-organizers who cracked his voice. But because we couldn't cover our cost and went into a deficit of 600 Dollars. Why? We trusted people to be more responsible, but we have obviously misplaced this trust we have for people who are serious about Japanese Culture, who just RSVP and didn't bother to come/Message/ Call or cancel EARLIER OR AT ALL. So We had 59+++ No Shows and I turned people AWAY WHO WERE INTERESTED.

I love this meetup, and I like the people who i meet here please let us keep it a more responsible and really "cost free" platform for people to meet new people interested in the Japanese Language, Art, Media, Music,Drama, Culture.

Your Support is deeply appreciated.

P.S. I have been diligently marking people's attendance, your No-Show will affect your future attempts on RSVP's Its more work for me but it will help to keep this platform fair

Anyone who wants to contribute to a donation against of deficit is welcomed. Please Contact us, Thank you.

Don't Email to this Address, any discussions can be directed to my email instead , look f or my profile on Meetup dot com. Things sent to this email will be published to everyone in the Meetup.com Thank you