addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Japanese Meetup @Singapore Message Board › What type of events would you like to see in Japanese meetup?

What type of events would you like to see in Japanese meetup?

Tsubasa
Tsubasa10
Singapore, SG
Post #: 417
Dear all,

As above, we would like to hear from our members, what type of events would you like to see in Japanese meetup?

Keep your ideas coming! (^_^)

I'll pin it up

Best Regards,
Tsubasa
Darwin Z.
user 10550946
Singapore, SG
Post #: 24
Although japanese anime is a sub culture. I think is still benefit in other industry in terms of survival in life.

I want to know more about other culture as a innovative way of doing things around.

Don't be conservative as china culture of doing things around. Try keep everything to themselves. Don't let others know it.
Joel
thejoenextdoor
Singapore, SG
Post #: 1
Trip to Japan! Lol
A former member
Post #: 2
I'd like to join events - representative of REAL Japanese culture.... not the fake ramen or (somewhat) psuedo cos-play events we got here.

Let's go to places in Singapore, that Japanese genuinely love to frequent - like the secret hang outs of Japanese expats... Don't worry we won't tell, i swear!
Ziru
user 10198963
Singapore, SG
Post #: 3
How about bowling? =)
Mabel
Mabel69
Singapore, SG
Post #: 2
Book Club??
Actually I'm more interested in a magazine club, specifically Rockin On Japan. Am I the only one interested in this magazine? I think it would be great if we could try and read the articles in the magazine and get together to discuss on areas we have problem parsing or need help on colloquial terms.
annie
user 11291637
Singapore, SG
I'd like to join events - representative of REAL Japanese culture.... not the fake ramen or (somewhat) psuedo cos-play events we got here.

Let's go to places in Singapore, that Japanese genuinely love to frequent - like the secret hang outs of Japanese expats... Don't worry we won't tell, i swear!

Agreee! I want! hahah! Like a place to explore japanese culture,is there such a place? :x
idris
user 11764868
Singapore, SG
play japanese games together...
Darwin Z.
user 10550946
Singapore, SG
Post #: 27
I never been japan before. Everything that i know about japan is from internet.

At first i also having same idea about paly game together. As a working life now. I realise that study time stay at home play game can spoil your social life.

I can see that people do exchange cooking culture there. Is amazing how sushi make. Base on the japan curry, i think there must be a better method doing sushi with fruit taste there. This is what i want to R&D it. Sushi meat has low cholestrol. Avacado has same character lower down cholestrol. I go mix both the taste is fantastic, you know.... I only try selmon & sword fish taste only.
Fashion culture. Female can wear very transparent cloth but layer up yet still look not transparent there. Sometime just a cloth srap around only can become a nice fashion easily. Then just use something to lock only will do. I think is good for local hot season wear.

Then japan do have alot of festival around. Like fun fair. I saw it in the anime show. I think some not influence by religion. If chinese do have relative meetup during chinese new year. I don't know what kind of meetup does japanese have at japan?

I hope that we can meetup & share their childhood game that japanese play there. I join bunka they do have some childhood game that japanese play there. Then watch 10 promises to a dog. They play hajimede hoi!!! Play it with a dog there so cute...

I suggest that let japanese who stay in singapore give us idea about what we can do.

Play PS3 game is not my kind of fun any more. Play Wii is ok now. Create game is more fun than playing it. I don't know anybody know chinese famous martial art artist is doing there. I think if apply in anime show there's still improvement there. This is what i am R&D too. In terms of gym it will be fun there.

I do agree about what kind of japanese books that one another read in order to wide up our own interest around.

Victor
aspenx
Tokyo, JP
Post #: 227
Stone.