Japanese Culture Club of New York City Message Board › It's Getting Hot in Here!
New York, NY
If you have not checked out the calendar for the New York City Japanese Culture Club in a while, now would be a great time to do it.
As the spring arrives and the city comes out of the cold and fog of winter, it is an exciting time to plan events around Japanese culture and to get together.
On tap for the near future:
- A **FREE** Taiko drumming Concert on Sunday 4/17 that Linda told us about.
- A screening of HellDriver with appearances by the director and also the star.
(Movie tickets are on sale at the Japan Society now: http://www.japansocie...)
Plus on that same day is a Be A Zombie After-Party our Research Director brought to my attention yesterday!
- The Brooklyn Botanical Gardens Cherry Blossoms Festival at the end of April
- We will definitely plan a dinner the same day as the Cherry Blossom festival. (I'd love to do a great Japanese place in Brooklyn if possible)
- and a Ramen night that is still in the works for May
- Plus a dinner at Chiyono is in the works for May.
And last week I checked out a small and very authentic Japanese tea-house in Manhattan where I can't wait to plan a meetup.
So if you're not paying close attention to the calendar - shame on you.It's getting really good.
Check. It. Out. Now.