align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Japanese Culture Club of New York City Message Board › Crazy Idea: A Japanese Cosplay Halloween Karaoke Affair?

Crazy Idea: A Japanese Cosplay Halloween Karaoke Affair?

DoubleD
dionysus
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Post #: 5
It has been a while since our last No Sushi meet-up (we'll have 2 to 3 more in Nov and Dec) and I was thinking about what other type of events we should add to our calendar before the year is over. That's when I had a slightly crazy idea, inspired by seeing Comic Con attendees out in Manhattan: why not combine karaoke with a costume party (cosplay) and alcohol on a week night close to Halloween?

I'm thinking it would be split across two locations but it could also be one location. We need a place to pre-game and a place to party/sing.

Japas 38 has a happy hour every day which is everyday from 4pm to 7pm
(See link: http://www.japas38.co...­) so we could do it on a Saturday from 5pm to 7pm when the packages are half priced at $4/hour per person for two hours (total $8 per person).
Does Saturday, November 3rd work?

Does anyone know of a better karaoke package/location?
is everyone cool with a REQUIREMENT for all attendees to wear a costume, even a lazy costume?

Thoughts? Discussion? Would you come?
Alex D.
user 14138478
Flushing, NY
Post #: 9
I am down like 4 flats.
Earl
user 10899410
Staten Island, NY
Post #: 3
you got me and my domo costume
Vanessa
user 6703648
Bridgewater, NJ
Post #: 1
What about Duets? They have a very cheap per person flat rate for singing from open to 8pm and that is also their happy hour time.

Duets Specials

I am soo into wearing a costume biggrin
A former member
I will come weeeee! wink
Jojo
Ippika
Denver, CO
You KNOW I'll be there if karaoke AND cosplay are involved. Haha! I hope it's a warm evening...
A former member
Post #: 137
I'd definitely try my best to go. I might change into my costume there, because it consists of shorts and a vest. I don't feel like freezing while getting there. lol

There are a bunch of karaoke places in Manhattan. It's probably better to choose a date and then figure out which choices are best. I highly recommend that this be decided soon, because karaoke rooms get filled up fast. Considering Halloween is right around the corner, I wouldn't be surprised if the better deals already have some bookings.

Just as an FYI, I have my point card to any Karaoke Duet all filled out. This means that our entire room could get one extra hour free (as long as we're there for at least 2 hours). =)
Earl
user 10899410
Staten Island, NY
Post #: 4
you should schedule this soon. Very soon