addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Dallas Japanese Language and Culture Meetup Group Message Board › Japanese Study group

Japanese Study group

A former member
Post #: 3
Wowza. Thought this thread had died out long ago!

I can (and most likely will) be there. The location couldn't be more convenient to where I'm living. Any particular sort of materials you guys think I should bring along?
Aavorus A.
Aavorus
Plano, TX
Post #: 8
I don't think a new thread for this meet would be a problem. This forum doesn't seem to be flooded with posts...

*crickets chirping*

In regards to the meet itself: I'll bring a few books, too- so we can compare materials.
Kyle N.
Kyle_N
Dallas, TX
Post #: 1
Hi Tamagoyaki, Michelle and others who may be attending Saturday. I just got back from teaching in Japan for 2 years and I'd really like to continue conversing.

I live in Fairview... that little strip of land between Allen and McKinney. I'm not far at all from that Starbucks. I'll see you guys around 3 on Saturday!

Guess I should specify Fairview on my profile... people never seem to know where it is... haha
Aavorus A.
Aavorus
Plano, TX
Post #: 10
Fairview, eh? I've probably passed through it many times. I look forward to meeting you and the others.
Kyle N.
Kyle_N
Dallas, TX
Post #: 9
Just to clarify, we still meet at Saxby's Coffee in Farmers Branch from 11-3:00 on Saturday.

Edit: We've moved the meetup to Panera Bread in Richardson until classes in Carrollton resume.

A former member
Post #: 2
awesome. I just might try to make it out.
Kyle N.
Kyle_N
Dallas, TX
Post #: 12
Our group has 4 copies of "Shadowing: 日本語を話そう!­” and lately we've been doing exercises from the book listening to the native audio and repeating the dialogues from it. It's a fantastic little book, the audio is natural conversation speed and it's full of extremely useful speech patterns and colloquialisms.
Kyle N.
Kyle_N
Dallas, TX
Post #: 19
We've moved the meetup to Panera Bread in Richardson until classes in Carrollton resume at the end of August.

11am-3pm Every Saturday.

Last week we had 8 people attend our meeting along with a native speaker.

We cater to any level from 1st day learners to advanced. It's a great atmosphere, hope to see you there!

Feel free to send me an email if you'd like more information: kylenaizer (at) hotmail (dot) com
Kyle N.
Kyle_N
Dallas, TX
Post #: 23
Japanese Classes begin in Carrollton from Saturday August 28th. On that day our study group will return to Saxby's in Farmer's Branch.

Saxby's Farmer's Branch

Every Saturday
11:00am-3pm

Hope to see you there!

Curtis G.
cjgarrison
Dallas, TX
Post #: 101
I've asked this many times... if anyone wants to host or post an event that would be beneficial to this group, please let me know and I will make it more official and better promoted. If "events" are continued to be posted here, I will remove them to discourage them being posted where they are mostly overlooked and missed. Sorry if I'm sounding too firm on this, but our group needs more activity and if everyone wants to have events and have them be promoted somewhat "underground", then please feel free to start your own Meetup group...