addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Dallas Japanese Language and Culture Meetup Group Message Board › Japanese language lessons

Japanese language lessons

A former member
Post #: 9
Where can I take up Japanese language classes around here? I live in Irving now but to cities around it.

Thanks.
A former member
Post #: 127
Try Richland College, Brookhaven College, Collin County Community College District - Spring Creek Campus. UTA and UTD may also have some Japanese classes, but they would be more expensive than the first 3 colleges mentioned. TCU and SMU may also have them, but they would be even more expensive than UTA and UTD.
A former member
Post #: 10
Let's try to do what we can on the group. I'll start by saying I am pretty positive there are ones left out or not right in here, so be the first to jump in and fill in with the needed info. My list is ones that I've heard and know.

For those who don't know already, Japanese is broken down into syllables called mora which are equally emphasised. Only vowels and the letter n can stand alone. There are a few notable absences, like X and C. Left out ones I haven't heard or not sure where they go.. (Romanized).

a e i o u
ba be bi bo bu
da de di do du
fa fe fi fo fu
ga ge gi go gu
ha he hi ho hu
ji ju
ka ke ki k(y)o k(y)u
la le li lo lu
ma me mi mo mu
na ne ni no nu
pa pe pi po pu
ra re ri ro ru
sa se si so su
ta te chi tso tsu
wa we wi wo wu
ya ye yi yo yu
za ze zi zo zu

while we're at it let's count to ten

ichi
ni
san
shi
go
roku
shichi
hachi
kyu
juu
Kyle N.
Kyle_N
Dallas, TX
Post #: 6
If you are in Irving you should consider the Saturday classes with the Dallas Japanese Association in Carrollton, it's the closest option for you I'd wager. Dallas Japanese Association