May 25, 2013 · 11:30 AM
Master RAW Processing in Lightroom 4
Whether you're a novice just getting started or a long-time digital photographer making the move to Adobe's Photoshop Lightroom 4, there are numerous tips and tricks to make your journey into RAW editing more enjoyable. In this class, I'll teach you the mechanisms behind Lightroom's tools to make them easier to understand and use so your images will look great.
In this live online session, I'll cover the fundamentals of setting up the Lightroom 4 Develop Module for optimal RAW processing regardless of your camera. I'll also cover some workflow tips and tricks for photographers moving to Lightroom from other RAW editing software. We'll then move to the Develop Module, where I'll show you how to process your images for maximum impact and a streamlined workflow.
Each participant in this class will be able to join the live audio conference and ask me questions directly in real-time. You'll also get a full PDF package of all the class notes..
To attend this course, you'll need a computer with a broad-band Internet connection and speakers. To participate in the live conversation, you need either a microphone on your computer or a telephone line to call the dial-in number (US toll rates may apply).
- Getting Started with Lightroom: Do's and Don'ts for new users
- Directory Structures for Importing Files
- Metadata Settings
- Importing Files: How much should you put in your catalog?
- The Develop Module
- Camera Calibration & Lens Corrections
- Adjusting Color, Contrast, & Exposure
- Using the Histogram
- Saturation vs. Vibrance
- The Clarity Slider
- Tone Curves
- Color Adjustments Panel
- Image Sharpening
- The Detail Panel
- Control Sliders: how to get really sharp images without artifacts
- Noise Reduction Settings
- Local Adjustments: Brush & Gradient Tools
- How the brush tool really works and how to unleash it's power
- Localized Sharpening Techniques
- Spot Removal
- Gradient Tool
- Cropping and straightening your images
- Sending Images to Photoshop and other External Editors (Plug-ins)
- Soft-Proofing Images for Print Output
When: Saturday, May 11th 11:30am Mountain Time (GMT -6)
Where: Online (web-based) class. You will receive instructions prior to the meeting time for how to join the online conference. You'll see my computer screen in real-time and you don't need to be running Lightroom or other software to participate.