Join The Image Doctors, Jason Odell & Rick Walker for a five day photo safari shooting the Oregon coast and Columbia River Gorge.
Subjects include waterfalls, seascapes, lighthouses, flowers, forests, and harbors.
Dates: Sunday, May 1- Thursday, May 5, 2011
Tuition: $1299 per person*
Location: Portland and Newport, Oregon
This is our premier photo safari event, and participation is limited to 10 photographers so that you will get maximum instruction time. We have booked blocks of rooms at a discounted rate for our students in both Portland and Newport; you will receive details upon registering.
*Register before Feb 18, 2011 and save $150 off the regular tuition price of $1299.
- Sunday, May 1: Orientation session at 1pm in hotel lobby followed by flower photography at the Crystal Springs Rhododendron Garden.
- Monday, May 2: Shoot waterfalls and landscapes in the Columbia Gorge. Drive to Newport, OR for the remainder of the safari. Check-in to hotel and then shoot sunset along the coast in Newport.
- Tuesday, May 3: Coastal shooting in the Newport area (morning-sunset)
- Wednesday, May 4: Coastal and forest shooting in the Newport area (morning-sunset)
- Thursday, May 5th: Morning shoot in the Newport area, class adjourns at 11am for return to Portland and departure.
Tentative List of Shooting Locations
Crystal Springs Rhododendron Garden
Columbia River Gorge
- Agate Beach
- Devil's Punchbowl State Park
- Yaquina Head Light
- Newport Bridge and Harbor
- Seal Rock State Park
- Drift Creek Wilderness
- Depoe Bay
What you should bring
Macro lens or close-up equipment
Camera rain cover
See our list of recommended gear ideas for landscape photography.
The tuition for this workshop covers instruction only. We will arrange for blocks of rooms at local hotels; participants will then be able to book their rooms individually at a discounted rate. Transportation to the field locations is the responsibility of the participants; we'll work with the group to arrange carpools as much as possible.