Introduction to Lightroom from a Capture NX2 User's Perspective
I made the switch to Lightroom from Nikon's Capture NX2 in 2012. Along the way, I had to retrain myself to use Lightroom's tools. Of course, I made some mistakes. If you're considering making the move to Lightroom, this class will show you the ropes so that you can avoid some common pitfalls and have a smooth transition from a Capture NX2 workflow to Lightroom.
• The Lightroom Environment and how it differs from CNX2
• Preparing your Nikon NEF files for import into Lightroom
• What to do with NEFs that you've edited in Capture NX2
• Basics of the Library module for file management
• Fundamentals of the Develop module for RAW processing, including local adjustments and sharpening tools
• How to process your NEFs to match Nikon's Picture Controls
• How to send images to external editors like Photoshop
• How to share images edited in Lightroom
All participants will receive a printable PDF copy of the course presentation notes.
This class is limited to 25 participants. Please RSVP by 6pm MDT on Friday, May 9th so that I can send everyone the class materials on-time.
This course is online via GoToMeeting. You will need a broadband Internet connection to stream the live broadcast. For audio, you'll need a computer with speakers and a microphone or you can use a telephone. If you don't have a microphone, you can still ask questions via the text chat window.
I will send all participants the login information one day prior to the course via the email address associated with your Meetup account.