|Sent on:||Thursday, August 18, 2011 4:12 PM|
Hi Northern NJ Java,
My name is Ali Ladjevardi and I am a Corporate Recruiter with Active Network. We are hiring a Sr. Java Software Engineer to join our Active team in New York. We are a leading edge and global sports technology company. If you or anyone you know is interested, please email me directly with the best phone # to reach you on and an updated Word resume. Thanks!
www.active.com (main web property)
www.activenetwork.com (company website)
The Active Network, Inc. provides technology applications and marketing services to community service organizations worldwide and has earned a reputation as a leading online destination for active lifestyles. The company’s application services help organizations reduce the cost and complexity of managing community activities and fundraising events. Its marketing services offer integrated online and field marketing campaigns that help brands develop authentic relationships with active consumers. Its consumer properties offer a comprehensive destination for the active lifestyle.
The position is located at:
370 Lexington Avenue, Suite 1201,New York, NY, 10017.
Required Technical Skills:
• Java (J2SE 1.4+, Servlets, JSP, JDBC, JavaMail, Apache Commons Libraries)
• Relational databases and SQL
• Linux (Debian, RHEL/CentOS)
• Testing and release management
• Familiarity with software development best practices, including design patterns and refactoring strategies
Additional Technologies Used Regularly by Development Team:
• HTML & CSS
• Apache Velocity
• Tapestry, JSF, Rails, Spring, Hibernate, and/or other UI & ORM technologies
• Java 5+
• Design and implement reliable, high performance, multi-threaded and distributed solutions to issues
• Design usable, simple, and friendly interfaces to advanced functionality and maintain the overall usability of our web based applications
• Interface with colleagues to determine roadmap requirements and extract specifications and propose designs
• Redesign and (if necessary) re-implement the user interface of core product
• Energetic, self-motivated, and able to prioritize workload
• Project ownership: expected to take ownership of components of products and guide future development with the business line manager(s)
• Excellent communication skills, ability to express technical ideas clearly in writing, for other developers or for a less technical audience
• Thoroughly enjoys the art and discipline of software development
Ali Ladjevardi, Corporate Recruiter, Technology
10182 Telesis Court
San Diego, CA 92121
We power the world’s activities and connect
people with the things they love, want and
need to do.