One of my clients is doing a New York hiring blitz this month. What that
means is this is a unique opportunity where they are looking to fill all
roles by end of November. The first round of interviews will be conducted
on Nov 10, 2008. They are looking to line up the top candidates for each of
the roles, between 1 and 3 candidates for each. The first round will be
conducted by the director of HR, then on 11/19-11/21 the project/hiring
managers will fly into NY and do the technical rounds.
This is for candidates who are looking to move to the West Cost in light of
today's financial turmoil, lack of real jobs in NYC, those who love the sun
and beach, or any serious fans of Californication. All of these are
contract to hire, could be straight hire as well.
Title: Java BPM Developer
Location: Pasadena, CA - Relocation assistance provided
Duration: Contract or full time (on-site)
Hourly: 100/hour +/-
Salary:[masked]k base + bonus
Participate in the Business Process Management (BPM) projects providing
analysis of existing systems and developing BPM integration design for Fixed
Income Portfolio/Risk Management related systems and applications and
support applications. Contribute to the design, development and testing of
common components and services. Lead technology evaluations, promote
standards and best practices, and provide technical leadership to other
developers and business users. Work directly with business users to address
process, system and software issues.
* Develops and contributes to new BPM integration design by using web
services (SOA) and message oriented middleware.
* Works on multiple business process re-engineering projects and activities
to enhance core systems and processes across the organization.
* Contributes to design sessions, coding, code reviews, unit testing,
integration testing, supporting beta testing, bug fixes and documentation in
support of new BPM integration initiatives and related projects.
* Model business components, services, processes, and systems. Understand
design patterns, and their applicability. Create and maintain common
components and services using a layered architecture that will be used by
* Using the Lombardi Teamworks tool, works with business partners and
systems personnel to identify and develop new processes and/or systems,
change current processes to enhance their effectiveness, or eliminate
processes that are not justified.
* Produce project documentation including formal proposals and schedules,
system requirements and testing plans.
* Evaluate and trouble shoot Java code and system failures and
discrepancies. Communicate discrepancies determined in testing BPM team and
monitors resolution. Analyze performance and design inefficiencies.
* Designs and tests systems and/or systems changes accurately to insure
system efficiency, integrity, productivity and maintainability abiding by
and promoting common standards and best practices.
* Sets appropriate goals and priorities that coordinate with the business
areas and other organizational units and resources.
* Communicates orally and in writing to make technical or non-technical
material understandable to business units.
* Makes presentations to management and other personnel, and conducts
meetings and training sessions regarding BPM processes and best practices.
SPECIFIC TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Strong understanding and background in business and technical requirements
analysis, process mapping, process modeling and data modeling.
* Strong background in Web Development with a Business Process
Re-engineering or continuous improvement focus.
* Strong background in Object Oriented Design and Analysis. (Domain-Driven
Design experience preferred.)
* Strong Java programming skills (both Java SE and Java EE).
* Strong ability with message oriented middle ware (JMS) and Enterprise
Service Bus (Sonic ESB) applications.
* Strong database skills, including Oracle PL/SQL, SQL and database design
* Knowledge of Java Application Server components and
configuration/administration (JBoss, BEA, etc.).
* Knowledge of Dependency Injection and Inversion of Control containers.
* Experience using Java Persistence API (JPA) and/or Hibernate.
* Experience with Web Application Frameworks (preferably JBoss Seam).
* Experience with popular Open Source frameworks (struts, spring)
SPECIFIC TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
* Business Process Modeling software, (ie: Lombardi, preferred, JBoss JBPM,
BEA AquaLogic, Pega, etc.)
* Java Server Faces (JSF) preferred, and Facelets
* Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) integration (ie; Sonic ESB, preferred, JBoss
* Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Web Services development (JAX-WS,
* Rules Engines (JBoss Rules, ILog JRules, etc.)
* Caching technologies (JBoss JGroups , Tangosol Coherence, ehcache, etc.)
* Java and database profiling (JProfiler)
* AJAX with open source libraries
* Style Sheets (CSS)
* XPath and XQuery
* Portals and portlets
* Aspect Oriented Programming (AspectJ)
SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
* Financial industry experience, especially in Fixed Income is highly
* Business and technical knowledge of investment processes. Uses solid
business knowledge to develop rapid proactive BPM integration solutions for
significant business issues. Clearly understands purposes, objectives,
practices, and procedures of the department and business units being
QUALIFICATIONS (MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS):
College degree in Computing Science or Engineering required. Certifications
Minimum 5 years of experience developing enterprise software with Web
Development and BPM.
To be considered, please submit your resume along with your salary
requirements to bg @ capitalmarketsp.com
Capital Markets Placement