One of my clients is doing a New York hiring blitz this month. What that
means is this is a unique opportunity where they are looking to fill all
roles by end of November. The first round of interviews will be conducted
on Nov 10, 2008. They are looking to line up the top candidates for each of
the roles, between 1 and 3 candidates for each. The first round will be
conducted by the director of HR, then on 11/19-11/21 the project/hiring
managers will fly into NY and do the technical rounds.
This is for candidates who are looking to move to the West Cost in light of
today's financial turmoil, lack of real jobs in NYC, those who love the sun
and beach, or any serious fans of Californication. All of these are
contract to hire, could be straight hire as well.
Job Title: Java Tech Lead
Location: Pasadena, CA - Relocation assistance provided
Duration: Contract-to-Hire or could stay as contract only
Hourly Rate: Open - DOE
Salary: Open - DOE
RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF SETTLEMENT BUSINESS LINE APPLICATIONS
Sr. level hardcore Java technical lead with strong architectural and design
skills. Acting as a technical subject matter expert, the individual will be
responsible for leading the design, development, programming and testing of
Settlement related systems and applications. Develops detailed system design
and programming specifications on assigned project(s). Implements other
tasks required for the development, implementation and continuing operation
of various systems. Programs supported range from above average complexity
to very complex. Supports the daily activity of the Project Manager by
creating and maintaining reports and programs, and by providing technical
support for system and software issues.
* Activities include but are not limited to: system level analysis, design
sessions, coding, code reviews, unit testing, integration testing,
supporting beta testing, bug fixes and documentation.
* Works with business partners and systems personnel to identify and
develop new processes and/or systems, change current processes to enhance
their effectiveness, or eliminate processes that are not justified.
* In support of this, performs financial analysis and coordinates computer
system changes and development processes. Produces project documentation
including formal proposals and schedules, system requirements and system
* Trouble shoots any system failures and discrepancies. Recovery solutions
are evaluated, selected and implemented. Communicates discrepancies
determined in testing to impacted areas and monitors resolution.
* Designs and tests systems and/or systems changes accurately to insure
system efficiency, integrity, productivity and maintainability.
* Sets appropriate goals and priorities that coordinate with the business
areas and other organizational units and resources.
SPECIFIC TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* More than 10 years of Java development experience and an expert in Java -
* More than 3 years of experience in leading J2EE application development
* Expert level knowledge with multi-tier J2EE enterprise application design
* Expert level knowledge with Spring framework, Hibernate configuration and
* Strong experience with Messaging, SOA, testing methodologies, and open
* Strong knowledge of relational database environment. Strong SQL, PL/SQL.
* Strong knowledge of UNIX environment, Solaris preferred.
* Knowledge of Seam, JSF, C++ is plus
SPECIFIC BUSINESS KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Has strong financial industry experience, especially in Fixed Income
* Demonstrates proficiency in systems analysis of business requirements.
* Has business and technical knowledge of investment processes. Uses solid
business knowledge to develop rapid proactive solutions for significant
* Has advanced written and oral communication skills to make technical or
non-technical material understandable to the business units, to make
presentations to management and other personnel, and to conduct meetings.
To be considered, please submit your resume along with your hourly and/or
salary requirements to bg @ capitalmarketsp.com
Capital Markets Placement
bg @ capitalmarketsp.com