Palo Alto, CA
What we do:
We are an early-stage funded and revenue-generating start-up building a disruptive social platform for hotel booking. Our product is on the market, and our platform is quickly gaining traction.
We use social data, sophisticated search and predictive algorithms to completely redefine hotel pricing. Our pricing algorithms factor supply and demand and well as “social signals” to find users the best deal.
Who we are:
We are a small team with a big & bold vision, focused on building a killer service for consumers. Our team comprises a mix of startup veterans, software nerds, and experts from the hotel industry. This is a unique opportunity to join a disruptive tech company at the early stage, shape its growth, and work with other smart & committed individuals.
We are growing our team and are looking for awesome software engineers who are smart,
passionate and collaborative to work on cutting edge projects. You will be part of an elite world-class engineering team, own the projects that you work on and play a critical role in delivering killer social service for consumers.
We are based in San Mateo, CA, easy walking distance from a Caltrain station.
The compensation consists of base salary, stock options, and benefits package.
In this role, you will actively engage with product design, UI/UX design, QA and other
development organization to get things done. We will challenge you to create elegant solutions to complex problems.
Our environment is the combination of cutting-edge software including Node.js, SocketStream, Backbone, coffeescript, redis, github, and MySQL.
- 3+ years of experience building scalable high-traffic Web applications.
- Experience with AJAX RESTful APIs.
- Experience with MySQL, including schema and SQL design.
- Experience working in a Linux environment.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Great communication and teamwork skills.
- Exceptional problem solving capabilities; ability to grasp new technologies and concepts quickly and effectively.
- Experience and/or interest in working in dynamic start-up environment.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience with NoSQL data store
- Twitter/Facebook APIs
- MS in Computer Science from a top school
- Strong Math or Statistical analysis skills
I would greatly appreciate any referrals.