San Francisco, CA
Member of Technical Staff
Scaligent is a stealth-mode startup based in Silicon Valley, looking to bring disruption to the $10B Business Intelligence market. We are building an innovative product for enterprises and cloud service providers. Our founding team is a unique mix of strong business and technical expertise. On the business side, we have experience of building rapidly-growing businesses like Nutanix from scratch and we have helped companies like Aster Data grow into a disruptive innovator (Aster was acquired by Teradata for $300M). On the technical side, our team has deep experience in distributed systems, machine learning and analytics at companies such as Google, Microsoft, Amazon and Yahoo. We are backed by top-tier VC firms and well-known angel investors.
We are seeking core members of the engineering team that are up to this challenge and share our passion for building revolutionary user interfaces. This is truly an opportunity to build something from scratch that will be the first of its kind in the analytics market.
• Familiarity with HTML5/CSS3 features such as Canvas, SVG, Animations, WebGL, WebSocket
• Ability to build complex, data-intensive, graphical, custom visualizations from scratch
• Exposure to UI frameworks such as YUI, Ext JS (Sencha), jQuery, D3
• Passion for delivering high-performance UI with an ability to identify, quantify, debug and remove UI performance bottlenecks
• Experience building native or hybrid mobile (phone or tablet) applications is a plus
• An open work environment that values empowerment to take risks and collaboration at all levels
• An opportunity to work with high-caliber team members
• A very attractive stock option plan and competitive compensation
• Team outings, TGIFs... We work hard and play harder.
• An opportunity to actively participate in building a company from scratch
• Catered lunches, ping pong table, membership to our RC helicopter racing club, a well-stocked pantry including a wide selection of Haagen-Dazs.....
• The best medical plan that you've ever heard of (or even better)
• Subsidized public transportation
• Employee referral program
• Friday beer bash
• Flexible work schedule
• All the cool toys and tools you need to do your job
• Office with a view
• Minutes from Caltrains
• Walking distance to vibrant Redwood City downtown with great dining options for lunch/dinner/happy hours.
• An opportunity to define this list!
Scaligent is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
No third party applications accepted.