San Mateo, CA
Bleacher Report is the web's largest and fastest growing
community-powered sports network.
Since launch in February, 2008, bleacherreport.com has rapidly
expanded its breath and depth of coverage, producing quality content
about all major U.S. and international sports. User adaption has
followed, and currently, the site has 3 million monthly readers.
Check us out at http://bleacherreport....
Who you need to be:
* Someone who cares – about the user experience, about the technology, about the business, about their team, about deadlines, and about sports.
* Excellent communicator.
* Pays attention to detail.
* Writes and ships great code that’s elegant and maintainable - we value software craftsmanship.
* Startup mentality - flexibility and ability to step up and do what needs to be done.
* Passionate about sports and regularly follows several professional or college teams.
What you need to demonstrate:
* Minimum 7 years track record of successful web development.
* Deep experience with web technologies and their interrelationships.
* Current and detailed knowledge of browser peculiarities.
* Disciplined approach to software development and testing.
* Aggressive at refactoring and rewriting old code.
* Working hard is ok; having fun doing it is even more ok.
Bonus points for:
* Experience working with Ruby on Rails templating.
* BS or advanced degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
* Successful start-up experience.
* Contributor to an open source project.
* Worked on a high-traffic website.
* Web performance optimization and scalability skills.
* Familiar with using GitHub.
* Interested in sports journalism and writing.
Sam Parnell - VP of Engineering
Email resume to engineering.jobs [at] bleacherreport.com
Principals only please - no recruiters.