JavaScript & jQuery LA Meetup Message Board › jQuery Meetup news

jQuery Meetup news

Natalie M.
NatalieMac
Los Angeles, CA
Last Night's Meetup

Thanks to everyone who braved traffic to make it out to the meetup last evening. And thanks also to Brandon for sharing some of his hard-earned knowledge of handling forms with jQuery. I hope that everyone enjoyed the presentation as much as I did and learned some valuable information about those tricksy web forms. Thanks as always to our sponsors, kleverdog coworking for the awesome meetup venue and Apex Direct Search for the delicious pizza and beer.

January Meetup

For the January meetup, I'm considering having a jQuery basics presentation for all the newbies and beginners in the group, and something on the West side to give you West siders a chance to attend without having to fight traffic. I haven't found a for-sure venue yet, but I'll keep working on it. Instead of one person having to do it all, I was thinking that maybe 4-5 of us experienced users could work together to each present for 15 minutes or so on a different aspect of jQuery. If you'd like to be one of the presenters, please contact me at natalie@purplepen.com and we'll work out who will cover what.

Job Opportunity

If any of you JavaScript ninjas are looking for a full-time position, please check out this one: http://www.authenticj...­ It's a pretty fun company to work for. :-)

Other Upcoming Meetups

Don't be shy about sending me some proposals to present your own projects to the group or asking for topics that you'd like to learn about. We have a really good mix of skill levels in our group, so chances are good that there will be an audience for whatever you'd like to present or hear about.