Jacksonville Board, Card & Trivia Game Meetup Group Message Board › Meetup Troubleshooting: "I'm not getting Meetup emails! Help!"

Meetup Troubleshooting: "I'm not getting Meetup emails! Help!"

Marie
MarieNiesse
Group Organizer
Jacksonville, FL
Hi, Fellow Gamers!

Some of you have voiced difficulty receiving timely notice of meetups being posted and your status with regard to the waiting list and your RSVP. So, in an effort to help with this, I'm copying the Meetup.com "Help" menu topic discussion, aptly titled "I'm not getting Meetup emails! Help!", so that those of you who would like to adjust your email settings to give you more accurate Game Meetup event updates can do so.
I apologize for the inconvenience and would like to help everyone who wants to be in the loop on this group's goings-on to stay that way.
I hope I'll see you at the next Game Meetup!
Sincerely,
Marie Niesse
Game Meetup Organizer

To edit email settings for specific Meetup Groups, visit the Email Settings section on your Account­ page and click 'Email Settings' next to the group you wish to edit.

You can also adjust who may contact you via email through Meetup (Organizers, other members, everyone) in the 'Other Meetup email' section on that same page.

If you aren't receiving any email from Meetup or your Meetup Groups, your email handler might be bouncing them back to us.

That usually happens when an email from Meetup has been marked as 'Spam.'

Please double check the mail settings in your email handler to see if it's somehow blocking Meetup email. First, check out the email controls to see if Meetup email is being blocked. Definitely make sure to add info @ meetup.com (without the spaces) to your Address book.

You should check out your Spam/Junk folder, too. If you marked an email from Meetup as Spam at some point, your email program might have started weeding out Meetup emails.

If you're still having problems, please let us know! We'll be happy to help out.

Dec 21, 2011 3:15 PM