Jacksonville Board, Card & Trivia Game Meetup Group Message Board › Game Stores and Business in Jacksonville

Game Stores and Business in Jacksonville

Marie
MarieNiesse
Group Organizer
Jacksonville, FL
Dear Lloyd,

Thank you for your information. I am interested to know more about your business, just as I am curious to know more about Dick and Jane's and any other game stores in Jacksonville.

I feel I must clarify that the main purpose of this group is to play games we already have, or intend to acquire in a manner of our personal choosing. Perhaps I mistakenly implied in my original message that we are immediately seeking more stores from which to purchase games. If so I apologize, because this is not the case. Don't get me wrong -- games are awesome and we love knowing about more places to purchase them, but our most immediate need is for more gaming space, which we now thankfully have access to through a partnership with Happy Viking.

Perhaps what will best satisfy all of our needs is a quick-reference directory on the Game Meetup Web site of all known gaming businesses in Jacksonville. I can post the names, current location and contact information for as many game stores as will give it to me, on the site's Message Board page in alphabetical order.

If you are interested in this endeavor and would like to be among the first on this directory, please email me directly at mnbgames10@gmail.com­ with the needed information.

I would respectfully request that business owners similarly interested in having their information placed on this list contact me direcly at mnbgames10@gmail.com­, rather than messaging everyone on this group's email list.

Thanks again,

Marie Niesse-Barlow
Jacksonville Board, Card and Trivia Game Organizer

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 10:24 AM, Lloyd Brown <lloyd@lloydwrites.com­> wrote:
Marie,

About me: I used to own War Dogs Game Center, so I have experience running a game store. Since then, I've written business plans and consulted for other people who plan to open or have a game store. I write the Business of Gaming Retail, a game store advice column on rpg.net. I've been gaming since 1980, mostly D&D, but I've played hundreds of games.

About FLGS: While a new store, I obviously have lots of contacts in Jax. I've seen old War Dogs customers come in daily since we opened last week. We have 2500 square feet, most of it dedicated to play space. We plan to increase our board/card game inventory to a larger stock than I had at War Dogs.  Starting from day 1, we have a larger and more diverse inventory than anyone in town except Borderlands. Soon we'll surpass them, too. Which is sad, really, because I don't consider this to be a lot of inventory by my standards.

We're in the old space vacated by Sun Coast Comics when they closed, so a lot of gamers are already familiar with the store. We have cleaned it up a bit, though, and without the action figures and anime and stuff, there's a much more open feel.