Sacramento Jazz Jams Message Board › Sacramento Jazz Jams, New Music Deck in Locke, Calif

Sacramento Jazz Jams, New Music Deck in Locke, Calif

martha e.
user 10075061
Group Organizer
Walnut Grove, CA
Happy New Year fellow Sacramento Jazz Jams members!  We're looking for a few more friendly jazz jam Event Hosts.  If you're interested to host a jam at your home or in a public place, please call and let me know at 916 776-1000.
Jazz Musicians: Please plan to bring your instrument to our brand new outdoor music deck, located at the south end of Main Street in historic Locke, California. Frequent  scheduled jams will be hosted there as well as spontaneous ones. It's a great venue for being seen by weekend tourists from Sacramento, San Francisco, Los Angeles and from all over the USA and the world.  A few local resident Locke musicians and artists in the town are always listening, too.   And we have a business license that includes live music as one of our activities.
Solo musicians are encouraged, to play on our new public deck, too - with a passed audition...   To audition:  Call 916-776-1000 and leave your live solo music audition on my answering machine. Start with your name and phone number, then play your best stuff (jazz, if you know how) for about 20 seconds (and sing if you sing, too). My machine often cuts people off after 30 seconds.  My panel of three musicians will listen and make a yes or no decision.  We'll call you back to you within 3 days.   Thanks, and good luck!
~Martha Esch, Sacramento Jazz Jams Organizer