align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Sacramento Jazz Jams Message Board › New Meetup: Charlie Hunter at HARLOWS this Wednesday - Jam Band Jazz Fusion

New Meetup: Charlie Hunter at HARLOWS this Wednesday - Jam Band Jazz Fusion

Farrell
Announcing a new Meetup for Sacramento Jazz Meetup Group!

What: Charlie Hunter at HARLOWS this Wednesday - Jam Band Jazz Fusion

When: Wednesday, May 12, 2010 8:00 PM

Where:
HARLOW"S
2708 J Street
Sacramento, CA 95816

Charlie Hunter is a guitarist extraordinaire. I saw him with the SF Live Jazz Meetup in December of '08 at Oakland Yoshi's to a sold-out house, and the crowd went berzerk when he played Astronaut Love Triangle.

I can't believe he will be in Sacramento on Wednesday! What an incredible opportunity. If you like jazz, fusion, jam, blues, guitar, wa wa pedals, or any of the above please come out for this one. If you are from the Bay Area and whine about the jazz scene here, now's your chance.

Organizer review of the Oakland show: “ Wow. This was one of the best shows I've ever seen at Yoshis. Charlie Hunter and his trio ROCKED. Tony Mason is one of the two best drummers I have ever seen, the other being Billie Higgins. I couldn't stop dancing in my seat. They were FUNKY. And Farrell, Anna and Richard are good company - thanks for coming! ”

Charlie Hunter:

First coming to prominence in the early '90s Hunter has since become one of the leading names in jazz, recording 17 albums. Hunter is noted for playing custom-made seven and eight-string guitars, on which he simultaneously plays basslines, rhythm guitar, and solos. His jazz style is variously categorized as soul, contemporary, crossover and acid jazz.

Graduate of the famed Berkeley High Jazz program, Hunter played in Michael Franti's political rap group, The Disposable Heroes of Hiphoprisy, in the early 90s.

He is joined by keyboardist Erik Deutsch and drummer Tony Mason.

Listen to Charlie Hunter on his website and on MySpace .

Learn more here:
http://jazz.meetup.co...­