addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

No BS Just Jeeps Virginia Beach Message Board › Local 4x4 Shops

Local 4x4 Shops

A former member
Post #: 538
Clutch squeak is one of two things... Either a deteriorating throw out bearing, or mud on the pressure plate / clutch disc. Easy solution is to run the Jeep, get under there with a garden hose, and spray water into the inspection hole on the bottom of the bell housing.
John David F.
user 4660958
Virginia Beach, VA
Post #: 11
Since there just are not that many 4x4 shops left in the area <grin>, I gotta tell you Eastern did my gears recently - some folks might balk at the prices they have but what I paid was well worth it - AND - if I ever need that gear job to be looked at (i.e. warrenty) I'm confident they'll still be around.

On a different topic - Hey, if you need an AWESOME custom bumper or just about anything fabricated for your Jeep you gotta check out Eddie at Ground Pounder Fabrication in Hampton. He's a soon-to-retire Army dude that really makes some kick-ass stuff. I bought a rear bumper from him recently and gotta tell you his stuff is top notch - he doesn't miss a detail and the quality will astound you. Likewise, if you call him he answers the phone. Great guy. Check out his store online and if you want, I'll provide pics of my bumper so you can see what I mean about top quality. His online store is: http://stores.ebay.co...­

I've got Eddies rear bumper on my jeep now, had it powder coated at precision powdercoat on Dam Neck road! It's an awesome piece!

I have Eddies rear bumper too; awesome! I rattle-canned mine.
Brenton
Rebelfish
Virginia Beach, VA
Post #: 1,033
If your having transmission/engine problems or your interested in re-gearins, I prefer Alpha Transmissions at 240 Pennsylvania Ave right off Clevland and Witchduck. The people there do great work. tongue
A former member
Post #: 408
If your having transmission/engine problems or your interested in re-gearins, I prefer Alpha Transmissions at 240 Pennsylvania Ave right off Clevland and Witchduck. The people there do great work. tongue

WOW.....thats a shameless plug if I ever read one!!! biggrin
Tony P - S.
Surf4life
Virginia Beach, VA
Post #: 21
So I call an auto shop to have my old tires put on my new rims (new to me anyway), and the manager says they can not see me that afternoon. I say fine and I'll call back tomorrow (Saturday). I call early Saturday morning and he says again that they can not help me. I say ok.

We were out anyway, so we went by the place to set up an appointment and the guy says he could do it RIGHT then. Needless to say I did not have the rims in the Jeep at that time.

I left my number to call if something opened up when I called earlier in the day and I could be there within 15-20 minutes. No call. UUGGGHHHHH!!! So needless to say I still do NOT have my rims on the Jeep!!!!
A former member
Post #: 32
I need to find a reliable shop to fix or replace my tie rod ends. Does anyone have any suggestions? I need to get them fixed before Fri.
Tony P - S.
Surf4life
Virginia Beach, VA
Post #: 24
I need to find a reliable shop to fix or replace my tie rod ends. Does anyone have any suggestions? I need to get them fixed before Fri.

Try Abraham Automotive 757.466.1105 They are in Chesapeake almost to Norfolk. Ask for Daniel and say Tony recommended you to him. Good Luck and let me know how it turns out.

BTW for everyone looking for a good inspector site THIS IS IT - Abraham Automotive.

Ask for directions as they moved from the Va Beach Blvd location about 9 months ago. They are now near Military Hwy and Indian River
Tony P - S.
Surf4life
Virginia Beach, VA
Post #: 34
OK I went to get my "new" rims installed this am, and what to my wondering eyes should see??? The 10" rims stuck out so far that it looked like my Jeep was on SKATES.
The 30x9.5x15 BFG's that I had on the original rims looked "ballooned" out and like low profile Z rated tires hahahah.

So alas, I am now looking for 15x7-8" rims to buy and install now. I have 15x10" Outlaw II rims for sale to anyone that can use them. I even have the chrome center caps that will go with them!!!
A former member
Post #: 43
how much you asking for the rims and would you possibly like to trade? I still have my stock mag rims on and they are 15x7 or 8s. and they look better than the steel rims.
Tony P - S.
Surf4life
Virginia Beach, VA
Post #: 38
damn right i would like to trade. Are you sure that the 15x10 rims will fit your TJ?? like my post said, the rims stuck out about 2.5 inches you will need to possibly get bushwacker style fenders. Let me know and I will hold them for you.