No BS Just Jeeps Virginia Beach Message Board › Local 4x4 Shops

Local 4x4 Shops

Alex J.
AlxJ64
Chesapeake, VA
Post #: 10
Hey guys, this thread is about local offroad shops right? Well I have a friend from College who actually owns a very well known local hotrod shop that previously specialized in old roadsters and '32 coupes. He has recently started to make the swing over to the 4x4 industry and is now installing lift kits, doing welding and fabrication work, and is a dealer for alot of great driveline companies. He does great work. Fine enough work that he has recently had car frames shipped from the west coast just to have him bend and install the brake lines and ship the car back.

The shop is called "Flatlanders Hotrods and Offroad" and they are located over in Norfolk near the ODU campus. Give him a call at 440-1932. The owner's name is Aaron. Tell him that you saw an add for work that Alex put up and he'll take care of ya as best he can.

From now on, I am dealing only with him!!!
Kennedy
JRKennedy
Virginia Beach, VA
Post #: 51
I am Co-Owner and Manager of Rory & Son Trans and Driveline located on Mac Street off of Witchduck Rd. We do everything from Transmission Rebuilds, Regearing, Tires, Fabrication, and much much more. You can contact us at 490-6600. We do not limit ourselves we work on everything from daily drivers, offroad vehicles, race cars, hot rods, deisels, and motorcycles.
Matt K.
user 54349122
Virginia Beach, VA
Post #: 18
I try to stay away from eastern. Their pricey and one of the mechanics there always seems to find a "broken disco modulator" that's super important and needs to be fixed immediately ( which he's completely making up). I use Starr motors. Joe Bonney and Kevin could reassemble a jeep blind folded and they got great competitive prices. Just got my re gear done there along with mount and balance of 35's all for 860.