addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

No BS Just Jeeps Virginia Beach Message Board › Off-Road Sites

Off-Road Sites

A former member
Post #: 9
theres a pretty good spot behind the harpers square apartments in Virginia beach
hey were is this spot exactly? i want to find it.
A former member
Post #: 24
there is this one place called "Day Farm road".the guy has an itchy trigger finger,SO STAY AWAY!!!
Michael D K.
user 8984970
Virginia Beach, VA
Post #: 6
Its out of the area (way otu of the area) But the old crown king trail in Arizona was a really good ride, had some butt kicking sections we used to run back when I was living in AZ. Look it up if youre ever out west, just have some good recovery gear, as certain parts are tricky as heck. I did it in 2003 and loved it.
Tony P - S.
Surf4life
Virginia Beach, VA
Post #: 165
OK so I found this area during my "daily" sweep over the Jeep sites:

Big Dog Offroad

It is not open year round nor does the area allow for public riding. Check out the site and I will start a new thread of who may be interested on attending at least ONE of these events. I will NOT start the thread for at least a day to give most everyone a chance to check it out and see what dates work for them.

Happy Wheeling!! tongue

Yeti
user 9178161
Winchester, VA
Post #: 5
OK so I found this area during my "daily" sweep over the Jeep sites:

Big Dog Offroad

It is not open year round nor does the area allow for public riding. Check out the site and I will start a new thread of who may be interested on attending at least ONE of these events. I will NOT start the thread for at least a day to give most everyone a chance to check it out and see what dates work for them.

Happy Wheeling!! tongue

Big Dogs is in Gore, Virginia (about 20 minutes from Georgia and I's house).
They hold 4 public events a year there. September is the big 4 day event I believe.
The first is Ice Breakers in April (think its the 24th this year). They have all levels of trails there on a 1 to 10 rating scale. I know there is a thread on Virgina Krawlers about it as well. There is onsite camping there as well.

We are planning on being at Camp MJ (Military Jeepers 1st Annual) at Rausch Creek that weekend though (if her Jeep is up and I have a trailer), otherwise we will be at Ice Breakers either as passengers with friends or just being spectators.

Would love having you all up here for any of the events. I know Chris (Nissan Frontier guy at the campsite) wouldn't mind you all up here as well. Might want to leave Tequilla Slim at home though. :D
A former member
Post #: 11
Peters Mill/Taskers Gap

Was re-opened for the year on March 16. $5 fee for day usage remains
$12 for a 3 day pass.
$30 for annual permits

Directions to Peters Mill Run Area and Tasker's Gap ATV/OHV Trails:
From I-81 - Edinburg: Take exit 279 off I-81. Turn east on SR 675. In the center of Edinburg (T-intersection), turn left onto US 11. At the north end of Edinburg, turn right onto SR 675. Follow SR 675 to the top of Massanutten Mountain to Edinburg Gap. Tasker's Gap ATV Complex is on your right and Peters Mill Run is on your left. Tasker's Gap OHV Road is 0.8 miles further down SR 675 on the east side of the mountain.

From I-66

To Peters Mill OHV/ATV Parking Lot: Take the Front Royal exit 6. Turn south on US 340/522 towards the town of Front Royal. Turn right on VA 55 west to the community of Waterlick. Turn left onto SR 678 south and continue to the community of Detrick. Turn right onto SR 758 (Woodstock Tower Road) for approximately 3 miles. Go past the Little Fort Campground and turn left at the Peters Mill Run OHV/ATV trail sign to the parking lot.

To Edinburg Gap Parking Lot (Tasker's Gap OHV/ATV Complex): Take the Front Royal exit 6. Turn south on US 340/522 towards the town of Front Royal. Turn right on VA 55 west to the community of Waterlick. Turn left onto SR 678 south and continue to the community of Kings Crossing. Turn right onto SR 675. Follow SR 675 to the top of Massanutten Mountain to Edinburg Gap. Tasker's Gap ATV Complex is on your left and Peters Mill Run is on your right. (Tasker's Gap OHV Road is 0.8 miles from Edinburg Gap on SR 675 on the east side of the mountain towards Kings Crossing. You will make a sharp right hand turn to enter the Tasker's Gap OHV trail).

From Luray: Take Mechanic's Street to Bixler's Ferry Road/SR675 over the first mountain range. Travel past Camp Roosevelt. At Kings Crossing turn left staying on SR 675. Continue to top of the mountain (your second mtn) parking will be on the left at Edinburg Gap also called Taskers Gap Complex.

GPS Coordinates for the OHV Trails
South Peters Mill Run Trailhead N 38 degrees 47' 21.8" W 78 degrees 31' 8" 1728 ft elevation

North Peters Mill Run Trailhead N 38 degrees 52' 26.4" W 78 degrees 26' 23.7" 1527 ft. elevation

Edinburg Gap Trailhead N 38 degrees 47' 19.1" W 78 degrees 31'19.2" 1730 ft. elevation

Taskers Gap Trailhead N 38 degrees 45' 55.7" W 78 degrees 30' 49.2" 1480 ft. elevation

Wagon Road Trailhead N 38 degrees 52' 3.4" W 78 degrees 26' 36.7" 1359 ft. elevation

Remember to Tread LIghtly!!!!
A former member
Post #: 3
Crozet VA is my new favorite spot. No mud just lots and lots of rocks.
Mike and F.
2D_ROCKS
Virginia Beach, VA
Post #: 146

X2, to bad I'm only 1 for 3 of no damage.
Trip 2 blew the front diff,
Trip 3 broke the front drivers outer axle shaft yoke and sheared the inner pass shaft so clean I couldn't even feel it. Also spun out front and rear diff yoke straps. But the D35 held up - Go figure.

Crozet
Closest
Private
On-site camping with rear partiers
Annual membership $25.00 and $25.00 a day/$40.00 for the weekend.
Crozet is Awesome, if you can afford the carnage
Yeti
user 9178161
Winchester, VA
Post #: 10

X2, to bad I'm only 1 for 3 of no damage.
Trip 2 blew the front diff,
Trip 3 broke the front drivers outer axle shaft yoke and sheared the inner pass shaft so clean I couldn't even feel it. Also spun out front and rear diff yoke straps. But the D35 held up - Go figure.

Crozet
Closest
Private
On-site camping with rear partiers
Annual membership $25.00 and $25.00 a day/$40.00 for the weekend.
Crozet is Awesome, if you can afford the carnage

Here's their website: http://forums.xjsrule...­

A former member
Post #: 91
is there any place near by for mud lovers?