add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

No BS Just Jeeps Virginia Beach Message Board › Tell us about yourself

Tell us about yourself

Rob N
Group Organizer
Virginia Beach, VA
Post #: 467
My name is Rob

I live in Virginia Beach.

I have a Red 98 Jeep Wrangler. I recently got my wife her own 98 Red Wrangler

I picked it up when it was stock for a whopping 5800. I got hers for 6200

I dropped a new sound system, Black diamond pads and tire cover, Nerf bars and whole lot of little gucci items.

It has a 4" Suspension lift, 3" body lift and is sporting 33x12.50 Mickey Thompson Baja Claws

I have done all of the work myself and Plan to do a lot more.

I love to go to places like Shoe Creek and GW. Looking forward to some trail riding and having a good time.

A former member
Post #: 105
Hmmmmm, a little about myself.
I was born and raised in Hot Springs, AR, about 5 miles from the entrance of the Superlift offroad park.

Joined the Navy that took me to many places in the world such as Kuwait/Iraq, Italy, Spain, Cuba, Thailand, just to name a few. Leaving for Bahrain in Marchangry.

Grew up building 4x4's as my dad is an ASE certified Jeep, Ford, Chevy, and Ferrari mechanic, (pretty cool childhood). I'm on my 2nd marriage, have a 6 year old boy from the first and my wife and I just had a little girl, Shelby, 6 months ago!!!

I am one the organizers of Eastern VA Jeepers club also, so maybe we can hit a few of the trails as one big group sometime.

We bought a '05 Unlimited last April and haven't stopped modding it since, Started with a 4" Skyjacker susp. and 3" body lift and 35" SS SSR's, then I put on the Poison Spyder tube fenders and crusher corners and did the 37" boggers. Kept Breaking u-joints and chromolly shafts and control arm bushings so I did what anyone would do!!!!!!! Went 1 tons. Sourced up a 79 Ford HP Dana 60 and 86 Chevy 14 bolt and stated building. Specs are a follows:

Ford 60: 5.13 R/P with a Detroit locker, 35 spline inner and outer Alloy USA chromolly shafts, CTM u-joints and Warn Premium lockouts, and high steer arms from Ballistic Fab. Also went completely through it with new wheel bearings, seals, kingpins new rotors and calipers blah blah.

Chevy 14 blot: 5.13 R/P, Detroit locker, dutchman non neckdown shafts, disk brake conversion.

Custom triangulted 4 link rear, 3 link front w/panhard bar, all the links are made outta 2" .025 wall DOM tubing for the lowers, 1.5" .025 wall DOM for the uppers. All the heim joints are massive 1.25" chromolly.

Custom made DOM tie rod and drag link with chevy 1 ton TRE's.

Future mods include a Stak 3 speed T-case, Chevy LS2 V8 and 4L80E swap and most importantly a full cage to keep my kiddo's and wife safe in the unfortunate event of a rollover.
Robert D.
user 2416069
Suffolk, VA
Post #: 446
My name is Rob... No, the OTHER Rob....

I drive a chevy to work every day, but I have an '89 XJ to play with on the weekends... It's old, and has over 250,000 miles on it, but it's a lot of fun (when it's running) and if I bash the carp out of it, I can still get to work the next day...

Currently it's down for an overheating problem, I expect to have a new water pump next week.

I just turned in my 2 week notice today, so I've had a really interesting day.

Other than that... not much to see here... Move Along.
A former member
Post #: 276
Name's Andy, I live at the Oceanfront on Birdneck, and drive a 2001 Black Sahara. I beat the ever living piss out of it at places like Uwharrie and Crozet, and absolutely love to climb the rocks.

I work at Oceana on the 3rd shift as a solder technician for F-18s... Don't worry, it's nowhere near as exciting as it sounds. "Accelerate your life" Yeah, accelerate this......

My Jeep has been very good to me. smile Well, at least, this Jeep has. My first one was a total POS, and was totaled when I "accidentally" hit a guardrail. Got this one a month later and have been absolutely amazed since! This thing climbed stuff stock that other TJs couldn't handle on 4" and 33s. I think her and I were made for each other. smile Currently she has a 2.5" Old Man Emu suspension lift with a 1.25" JKS body lift. When these 33" MTZs wear out, I'll be getting the same ones in the 34" area. That way I'll REALLY have 33" tires. (Damn false advertisement)

Upcoming purchases for me will be a soft top, tire carrier, and lots of armor. I may splurge a bit and get a lunchbox locker for the front, just to hold me over until I can afford to regear and throw some ARBs at her.
A former member
Post #: 2
well my name is james and im 21. im diverced and my ex got the jeep so im jeepless and broke ight now. i have a 2 year old son that is my life. i miss my jeep and workin on buyin another one here real soon. well i was born in va and moved to pa when i was young and miss it there there is alot of great wheelin there but va is were my son is so i live here so i can see him. well hope to see you guys on the trial soon
Tony P - S.
Virginia Beach, VA
Post #: 82
My name is Tony

I am the Assisitant Organizer for the Club (THANKS ROB!!!)

I live in Virginia Beach near the Oceanfront.

I have a Blue 89 Jeep YJ Wrangler (the Original hahaha).

I bought it used from a guy in the local area. He said he rebuilt the engine, but as I recently found out from my mechanic, it was just piece-mealed together and now needs a total REBUILD!!!

I have not really done anything after-market yet. I did add Sony X-plode speakers as the "original" ones were POS.

I hope to by a 2.5 inch suspension lift after I pay for the rebuild. Right now it is stock on 30x9.5x15 BFGT A/T's.

I have been to the OBX in the Jeep a few times already and am looking forward to go to places like Shoe Creek and GW. Looking forward to some trail riding and having a good time with all of you.

You can check pics on my profile.
Timothy G.
user 6977371
Brunswick, OH
Post #: 262
Well hello everyone My name is Tim live in Norfolk.
Been in the navy for about 8 years, 6 more to go.
Got married November 2007 to a wonderful women who has been just the greatest women with great kids,( just found we are having another one)hehehe.
I have 2005 TJ "X" 6" Rough Country X series lift and boy it's rough. It is my secound jeep one XJ and now a TJ. Haven't been offroad yet since I got the jeep but I have to work out the bugs in the jeep first. I have a couple of mods coming this tax season and of course new axles next year Dana60 and Dana 44. Oh yeah I owe everything to my wife and kids, heck even to the wife because she puts up with the whole jeep thing as she calles it.
Alex J.
Chesapeake, VA
Post #: 50
I'm Alex J.

I'm 24 and live in Chesapeake Va. But grew up in the REAL O.C... Orange Co. Virginia. I ended up going to school at Old Dominion where I met a girl who is now my wife, as of Oct. 2007. I've been playing with trucks and cars since I can remember. I still have my Highschool car, a '65 V8 Mustang Coupe and have had a few Jeeps. I have my '97 TJ that I bought my 2nd year into College and was my Daily driver for all of school until I bought my Ram 2500 when I graduated. Currently the TJ is hovering on Jackstands in my garage as I am 4 linking the rear, 3 linking the front and throwing some 8 lug beef under it and stretching the front wheelbase nearly 7". The other Jeep I still have is a '64 CJ-5 that is just hanging out on the family farm awaiting its turn at restoration/ modifcation. My wife also has a Jeep, its an '04 Columbia Edition TJ. Ohh, and I climb Bridges for a living.
A former member
Post #: 5
Hi, my name is Hope. I also live int he Va. Beach area. I have a 95 Jeep YJ that has a 4" lift and 33's, Black, and cool. :) I am originally from Hampton, Va, but as a military brat, I have been to may places. Graduated from James Campbell, Ewa Beach, Hi. Lived in SoCal for a long time, and well, divorced and married my highschool sweetheart, Fred.
A former member
Post #: 1
Hey Everyone,

If anyone was wondering where the dude with the 83 CJ-8 went, I'd like to know myself! I went to a couple of meetups last summer and since then have been on nearly every Navy ship on the eastern seaboard! I don't know when my schedule will clear up enough for me to get out and play, but I just wanted to check in here. I'm gonna get out on one of these trips if it kills me!!!