addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

No BS Just Jeeps Virginia Beach Message Board › Tell us about yourself

Tell us about yourself

A former member
Post #: 5
my name is josh. i grew up in michigan and want to go back but now im in the navy and making the best of it lol. i hate lasy people probly cuz i been working at a metal fab shop/body shop/race car shop since i was 15. we did prettymuch what ever you would pay for at the shop. I am a cetified sheet metal welder and steel welder. i am also mi certified as a vehicle fram machine worker and ase certified as a unitised body mechanic. been through i-car (thats how i got all my certs before the navy) and well since i worked my ass off before the navy i hate young kids coming in and thinking they know everything there is to know about cars engines diesels and that kinda stuff but really dont and then i gots to fix their mistakes. anyways my trail rig is a 92 yj sitting on 33s with a 3 1/2 spring lift and smittybilt front and rear bumpers and xrc 8 winch soon to come front aussie locker and big daddy rock sliders. also a will get 2 inch body lift so as to not have to deel with bad drive line angles
A former member
Post #: 1
Derek

You might have seen me in the OBX this weekend, figured I'd sign up and see whats going on. Just bought this Jeep, 84 CJ7, no I did not do the work myself, yes I will do plenty to it in the future, get over it, it's cheaper to buy instead of build and there is stuff done to it that I cannot do/do not trust myself to do like the cage. Short list of mods: 95 YJ tub, 8 point cage, rock sliders, tube fenders, 4" RE lift, 4.56 gears, one piece rear shafts, CV rear driveshaft, 10K Winch. Axles are stock AMC20/D30 :yuck: Had a TJ before this but the ex kept it...
A former member
Post #: 84
Derek

You might have seen me in the OBX this weekend, figured I'd sign up and see whats going on. Just bought this Jeep, 84 CJ7, no I did not do the work myself, yes I will do plenty to it in the future, get over it, it's cheaper to buy instead of build and there is stuff done to it that I cannot do/do not trust myself to do like the cage. Short list of mods: 95 YJ tub, 8 point cage, rock sliders, tube fenders, 4" RE lift, 4.56 gears, one piece rear shafts, CV rear driveshaft, 10K Winch. Axles are stock AMC20/D30 :yuck: Had a TJ before this but the ex kept it...

remember to keep the water out of the distributor
A former member
Post #: 2
Meh, it only take a couple minutes to take the cap off and dry it...
Robert D.
user 2416069
Suffolk, VA
Post #: 578
Wow.

- Talk about thread resurrection...

Howdy everybody.
Michael D K.
user 8984970
Virginia Beach, VA
Hi,
Im Mike. Im 27 years old, and have been working on vehicles my whole life. Ive been in the military since 99. I just recently bought myself a 96 XJ country, and I love it. Ive got a project jeep in FL, a 46 CJ2A which is some serious need of a resto job, but thats a project Im saving for when I have a house with a garage. I dont have any major mods to my jeep yet, as most of my extra cash has been going to fixing the small things Ive been finding wrong or annoying on the xj, but as everything, it is a work in progress, with a plan of action to get it done. Im all up for some old school wrenching parties, and some off-road time!
Yeti
user 9178161
Winchester, VA
I'm Yeti, you all met me at the Trail Clean-up in GWNF.
Was in the Marines 93-99.

I wheel a 1979 Wagoneer currently, at the cleanup I had "Big D" with me (F350).

Look forward to seeing you all again out there.
A former member
Where you see a Yeti, I am not far behind... name is Heather, 29 years old, married with a 8 year old son.
I wheel a 91 Yj with some goodies-its gettin a engine swap at this moment...and Yes its mine and not his.
My daily driver is a 2006 Mustang GT.
A former member
And im chris. Thanks again for letting us camp with you guys. I live in Winchester . And I want to get
The willys back on the road
Rob N
Socar
Group Organizer
Virginia Beach, VA
Post #: 1,018
Welcome guys, we had a great time cleaning and campping with you