No BS Just Jeeps Virginia Beach Message Board › Parts and Accessories

Parts and Accessories

chris w.
AK-YJ
Virginia Beach, VA
Post #: 27
I have a yj axle set (front/rear) with 4.10 gears complete with oem wheels. pulled and ready to go. let me know if they fit the bill. I would like to sell them as a set if possible.
A former member
Post #: 5
hey guys I am new here, I have a 97 jeep wrangler and I haven't taking her off road yet because I apparently need a new transfer case. I am a total girl when it comes to working on my jeep but I love to drive her.... anyone know where I can get an inexpensive part and a good mechanic?
mclaggan123
user 8475395
Virginia Beach, VA
Post #: 116
not sure of the parts but im pretty sure we can help you on the install. there are quit a few good mechanics in the group.
A former member
Post #: 6
That's awesome, now all I need to find it the part, she is totally drivable without just not 4 wheel drivable... which is BOOOOO! WE WANNA ROCK CRAWL!
not sure of the parts but im pretty sure we can help you on the install. there are quit a few good mechanics in the group.

mclaggan123
user 8475395
Virginia Beach, VA
Post #: 117
you could always get them from quadratec or some other retail online place or from the stealership.
Rich C.
user 8787356
Virginia Beach, VA
Post #: 66
There is a transfer case from a 94 wrangler on craigslist right now for 125. They are both np231 so that should work.
Alex J.
AlxJ64
Chesapeake, VA
Post #: 195
There is a transfer case from a 94 wrangler on craigslist right now for 125. They are both np231 so that should work.

Make sure its the correct spline count first though. There are 21 spline and 23 spline input gears on the cases. Depending on what transmission you have it will depend on the case that works for you. Also there are various lengths of input gears as well. Its not as simple to swap the input gear either as the entire case must come apart and the planetary ring and mode fork have to all come out.

chris w.
AK-YJ
Virginia Beach, VA
Post #: 31
I have a yj axle set (front/rear) with 4.10 gears complete with oem wheels. pulled and ready to go. let me know if they fit the bill. I would like to sell them as a set if possible.
parting with a set of oem dana 30H.P. and 35 axle assembly's from a 1994 YJ. 4.10 gears, rear axle skyjacker traction bar brackets, crappy chrome diff. covers, complete hub to hub with full set of oem \(5) wheels. 500 willing to neg. if need be.

Rob N
Socar
Group Organizer
Virginia Beach, VA
Post #: 1,339
That's awesome, now all I need to find it the part, she is totally drivable without just not 4 wheel drivable... which is BOOOOO! WE WANNA ROCK CRAWL!

Farrah, you have definately come to the right place. We have a bunch of guys who love to turn wrenches. Once you get the parts you need, you can host a Wrenching party. That is basically you send out an invite for people to either come to your house or meet you at a shop where the work can be done like Oceanna, and you can provide drinks/refreshments or if you have a grill we tend to bring stuff to throw on it and make a day of it. It gives you a chance to get in and get your hands dirty if you want or just meet everyone and get some work done. We are always about teaching people who want to learn anything we can about their Jeep. The more you know about your rig, the better you fell about it on the trails and on the open road.

If you get the work done soon, we have the Shoe Creek Family Camping trip coming up. It is a trail that is rated from Stock and up. Feel free to look through the files section and look at the directions, camping checklists and other fun stuff we have posted. Also please look through the pictures of past events. We have several trips and wrenching parties in there. For this group, it is a social event to work on each other's Jeeps. I have met some great friends though this group and I wouldn't trade that for anything.

I am currently deployed but will be back in time for the trip. Hope to see you there.
Aaron F.
user 11345730
Virginia Beach, VA
Post #: 27
hey guys I am new here, I have a 97 jeep wrangler and I haven't taking her off road yet because I apparently need a new transfer case. I am a total girl when it comes to working on my jeep but I love to drive her.... anyone know where I can get an inexpensive part and a good mechanic?

If you have the money, just go for the upgrade an atlas or even a tera low... just put in my atlas after i blew out the tera low. well worth the money! or you can beef up a 231 from jb conversions. get the wide chain, and a do fine. just wont have the 4 to 1