|Sent on:||Tuesday, July 23, 2013 1:29 PM|
|Location||San Mateo, CA|
• You will own the Continuous Integration environment and associated tools.
• You will work closely with Support, Sales Engineers, Customers, and others to ensure customers are ecstatic about the installation process.
• Ensure the build system and repository are always accessible and running.
• It’s your job to ensure builds are executed properly, and work with the Engineering team to resolve issues.
• Work closely with Engineers to ensure Unit Tests and Automated tests are executed correctly.
• Develop and maintain tools to assist with builds and deployments.
• Configure and manage issue tracking environment.
• Configure and manage RPM repositories.
• Build third party libraries.
• Configure and manage Git repositories.
• Work closely with Engineering to define Git Branch policies.
• Assist Engineering and Support during customer escalations.
• As time allows, the Release Engineer will participate in testing software before it is released.
• Experience configuring and managing RPM repositories, such as, Yum, and Apt.
• Strong knowledge of configuring and managing Git repositories.
• Expert at configuring and managing Jenkins.
• You can configure and manage issue tracking tools, such as, JIRA in your sleep.
• An understanding of how to setup and configure Java, and how to debug issues when a build breaks.
• Experience with the JUnit testing framework.
• Experience with configuring and using ANT.
• Previous experience working in an Agile Development environment.
• Excellent communication, problem-solving, and presentation skills.
• A passion for writing easy-to-understand and detailed technical documentation.
• Strong UNIX skills, including superior scripting capabilities (Bash, Python, Perl).
• Ability to work on-location in San Mateo, CA.
You Get Bonus Points For…
• Ability to write Jenkins plugins
• Ability to configure and manage Hadoop.
• Experience with continuous deployments.
• Ability to write deployment scripts using Puppet, Fabric, or similar frameworks