Hope all is well. I wanted to reach out to you about a great job opportunity with our client that might be of an interest to you.
It's a contract to hire position in Downtown SF for a Web Build/Release Engineer. The plan is to bring someone as a contractor for 3-6 months and then convert to permanent position. The hourly rate would be between $50-$70/hr and the yearly salary is up to $116K base. I have included a detailed JD below for your review. It's a very urgent need and we have a long term business relationship with the hiring manager.
Please let me know what you think and if you want to pursue this further, email me a copy of your recent resume.
I look forward to hearing back from you!
Job Title and Number: Web Build/Release Engineer
· Using build and deployment tools create and maintain scalable build
and deployment environments
· Perform maintenance and troubleshooting of continuous build/deployment systems
· Work to continuously improve speed, efficiency and scalability of the build and test systems
· Work across functional (development/testing, deployment, systems/infrastructure) and project teams to ensure continuous operation of build and test systems
· Automate wherever feasible
· Adhere and maintain Product Version Control
· Proactively seek opportunities to implement improvements to internal team processes
· Contribute to an atmosphere of cross-functional teamwork within the organization’s Agile project life-cycle
Knowledge & Experience Requirements:
(Minimum qualifications required to perform this job)
· Minimum 3 years’ experience in Deployment Engineering
· Expertise with variety of build release and management process such as GIT, SVN
· Experience with build automation tools (Team City/ Hudson, Jenkins, Maven)
Knowledge of build release and configuration management practices, including branch-based development and patch/merging oriented work flow.
· Proficient in Subversion, Linux and Unix systems administration
· Strong scripting and automation skills including shell and one or more Perl, Python, bash or similar language.
· Proficient with bug tracking system like Jira
· Experience with GNU Make, autoconf, ANT
· Familiarity with J2EE application development experience
· Familiarity with J2EE-stack application servers (i.e. Tomcat)
· Experience with Amazon Web Services preferred
BS/BA degree in computer science, engineering or related discipline.