November 8, 2012 · 7:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
This class will focus on the business part of self-publishing. Topics covered include:
- How to register with the appropriate government agencies to legally become a self-publisher. Find out how to register a DBA/Trade Name, Business Registration, and Home Occupancy Tax. Examples of needed forms and information on where and how to submit yours will be provided.
- Collecting sales tax on books you sell directly. How to register with the state, report, and pay for any sales tax you collect.
- Tracking profit and expenses, reporting profit and loss on a Schedule C, 1099s
- Purchasing your ISBNs and assigning ISBNs to your book titles at Bowker
- Registering your copyright
- Applying for an LCCN with the Library of Congress
- Crunching the numbers, how much will you make per book sold? How does your chosen distribution and printing method affect your bottom line? What price should you sell your book at?
RSVP now to reserve your spot!
At Jera Publishing we provide the knowledge, resources, services and support you need to successfully self-publish your book. In addition to our workshops and classes we provide the following services:
- Book formatting
- Cover design
- Marketing collateral design
Contact us to see how we can help you self-publish your book!