North Jersey Anime and Manga Message Board Anime! › Recommendations for future anime meetups

Recommendations for future anime meetups

Dan S.
user 14138303
Somerset, NJ
Post #: 17
Fractale was supposed to save anime? lol... The anime was decent, however I don't see how something like that, especially only in 12 episodes could change anime. Had no clue the anime bombed though. On a side note, how does one "save" anime? remove all fan service and lolis?

It is kinda funny with Haruhi, considering the endless eight is eight episodes in length, and practically only take up a chapter, while sigh of suzumiya is a 5 episode arc that has a whole book to it. It's kinda obvious with something with SO LITTLE dialogue would fail so miserably.
Dan S.
user 14138303
Somerset, NJ
Post #: 18
@Brian, the anime is called "Shinryaku! Ika Musume", as in her name is "Ika Musume", don't really have to watch the anime to know that, although the English title translates as "Invade! Squid Girl" (I think). I'm of course a fan of the anime, who wouldn't like Ika-chan?

I went to Otakon with no intention to cosplay, I only did that as a joke that got out of hand with my college friends, over facebook, talking about my excessive photo taking. I just see an AMV of Ika wearing a swimsuit and you suggest a man to cosplay as that... (Probably just as bad a Man Faye and no... no one needs to see that... ever...) >.<

And for the last post, I can just picture James plotting a way to get vengeance against you (you saw his cosplay, he's looking at you in that photo with his knife in hand) :)
A former member
Post #: 57
@Dan a knife is always loses to the gun :p
A former member
Post #: 101
THERE USED TO BE A POST HERE ABOUT ANIME BUT WHATEVER
A former member
Post #: 102
86 "proud otaku" and nobody except the usual bunch bothers using these discussion forums.
This will be my last post

I hate you all
(not really)
Joseph S.
Thundermind
West Orange, NJ
Post #: 4
If no one has a problem, I'd like to suggest "Legend of the Galactic Heroes" for the old school anime for the next meet, and "Story of Saiunkoku" for new anime.
Justin Prince M.
ff663
Tenafly, NJ
Post #: 107
If no one has a problem, I'd like to suggest "Legend of the Galactic Heroes" for the old school anime for the next meet, and "Story of Saiunkoku" for new anime.

Sounds perfect! The Feb. meetup will be a week earlier than usual for 2/12 (Sunday). I'll be setting it up later today or tomorrow. I hope you'll be able to go and bring the anime with you. =D
Justin Prince M.
ff663
Tenafly, NJ
Post #: 108
I forgot to ask. For Legend of the Galactic Heroes, do you intend to show the first film or the first 3 episodes of the first OVA?
Joseph S.
Thundermind
West Orange, NJ
Post #: 5
First three episodes of the tv series.
Justin Prince M.
ff663
Tenafly, NJ
Post #: 109
Cool. I'll post it up soon. Also, Cari and Justin already have The Story of Saiunkoku, so you don't have to bring that one.