addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

North Jersey Anime and Manga Message Board Anime! › My potential AMV submission to Anime Boston

My potential AMV submission to Anime Boston

Dan S.
user 14138303
Somerset, NJ
Post #: 19
I'm thinking of submitting this AMV to anime boston (and I know the credits aren't my name, I'm not stupid enough to let that sit out on youtube, lol..)

Justin Prince M.
ff663
Tenafly, NJ
Post #: 104
What do you think of the smaller embed? =D

Anyway, NOOOOO! Mayuri! TUTURU!
Dan S.
user 14138303
Somerset, NJ
Post #: 23
I redid my AMV and removed all those "hickups" for say, looks better now :)
I'm probably going to submit this to anime boston, could anyone provide feedback before I throw it at them?

Geoffrey Y.
Octosaurus
Eugene, OR
Post #: 26
Hey Dan,

Intro is pretty good. Pretty decent frames on the video overall. :) It keeps my interest to want to watch the series.

I'm not familiar with this anime, haven't had time to watch it, but are these the only gun scenes in the anime? It feels a bit repetitive watching the same scenes over and over, though the lyrics where it says "shot in the dark" kind of stands out as "too loopy"... maybe shorter music would help this if its a short series and not much other good action scenes...

Overall, the video is pretty good. Lyrics and scenes feels a bit out of place in some spots. I know most people who really like songs generally pay attention to the lyrics and hope that the video demonstrates a scene for it. The video just feels like scenes are playing with random music played in background. no real co-relation, but that's just me...
Geoffrey Y.
Octosaurus
Eugene, OR
Post #: 27
Just saw the youtube summary for the video, "This is a display of how time travel really could screw with a person's mind, poor Okabe... constantly in a cycle of trying to save Mayui."

Now it makes sense what you did...but I just couldn't feel the continuity, with the video, paired with the music, alone...
Dan S.
user 14138303
Somerset, NJ
Post #: 24
The show has plenty of gun scenes, but that isn't the point of it actually, Mayuri was deemed "expendable" to get Okabe to cooperate, and due to some time travel.. umm "paradox" I guess, she was fated to die every time Okabe went back in time. I don't want to give too much info about the series in case you wanted to watch it (spoilers and such). Most of that AMV took place over just 3 episodes actually, and he forced him back thru time probably about 20 times. The whole concept was basically, no mater what he did, she would always die, kinda sucks =/
Dan S.
user 14138303
Somerset, NJ
Post #: 25
I made the AMV to line up with the series of Steins;Gate, I could of made it more in sync with the song, but the story would of been out of place. I can't think of any other way to put it I guess...

I wasn't really paying too much attention to the lyrics of the song actually, my ear fixates more on the tone and mood of it. That would likely be the case of any AMV I create, unless I could think of a script beforehand and stitch together about 10 animes all at once.

Thanks for the input.