addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Joburg Photowalkers Message Board › Camera Insurance

Camera Insurance

A former member
Post #: 1
Hello:-)

Hope that you are all well.

I need to insure my camera. Do any of you know of the best insurance and what it covers in terms of loss/theft, damage, etc.?

Regards

Geetha
Walter P.
user 12154873
Johannesburg, ZA
Hello:-)

Hope that you are all well.

I need to insure my camera. Do any of you know of the best insurance and what it covers in terms of loss/theft, damage, etc.?

Regards

Geetha

Artinsure offer camera insurance That actually covers you unlike the all risks covers damage and theft locally and internationally - I use them.
A former member
Post #: 2
Thank you, very much. I will check them outsmile
Craig N.
CraigN
Johannesburg, ZA
I personally use Echelon PCI, underwritten by Santam, very reasonable and good coverage.

Stay away from Outsurance Out & About - people have been burnt by them.

Some pointers to ask your broker about:
- What would the excess be if your camera bag was stolen with a bunch of items in it. Some insurance companies apply an excess to each individual item.
- Would you camera be covered if for example you have your camera on the seat next to you in the car (like in a game reserve). A lot of companies insist you have it locked away in your car boot.
- If you are at an event such as a wedding and leave your camera bag unattended, would you be covered? Some insurers insist that you have eyes on your gear all the time - a bit illogical if you're meant to be looking through your viewfinder.