This beginners meetup will walk you through the newly released Joomla! 3.0 core platform, to show you how Joomla! works, what features you should pay attention to and utilize, and the power Joomla has to scale and organize websites to any size, shape, or form.
The meetup will focus a lot of attention on understanding the fundamentals and basics of Joomla! so that you leave feeling like you can jump in and do more with Joomla!.
Many people say they feel like Joomla! has a bit of a learning curve and don't understand some of the features (like the menu system and linking modules and articles together). But after Justin explains WHY Joomla! is built the way it is, they folks realize the extreme power that it creates to build incredibly customized websites and pages exactly the way they want them!
- Backend walk-through of basic configurations and features.
- New features and changes in Joomla 3.0 compared to previous versions.
- How to setup a page, blog format, and overview of other functionalities.
- How to fully utilize the Joomla! menus and why they're incredibly useful and powerful when used the way they were built and inteded to be used.
- An overview of setting up module positioning for pages and linking them to menus.
- A few key extensions you may want for changing editors, backing up your website, and other functionality to extend your Joomla! website beyond the core.
As many topics will be covered as time allows.
Justin is a Web Designer who has been working with Joomla! since nearly it's beginning. He's built websites large and small with Joomla, fully grasping it's potential to build websites of any scale and in multiple ways.
Any location logistics will be emailed to those that RSVP yes as we get closer to the date.
This meetup is no charge and focused on beginners, yet, all are welcome. Feel free to bring a snack to share with the group!
See you on June 12th!