Merry Christmas Bay Area Joomlaverse,
We are excited to announce our 4th Annual Holiday Joomla Extension Potluck!
For those who have never experienced this event, we can only say that it is always the best time we have all year. Learning. Food. Drink. Fun. You can be as involved as you want to on the extension sharing... listen and learn, or share your knowledge.
6pm - 7pm: Eat. Drink. Networking Merry.
7pm - 9pm: Extensions. Site Sharing. Learning.
*note that if coming by car volunteers will be available to bring up your food item before you park. Info on this will be sent to all attendees about this and carpooling too.
How it Works:
• Each of us brings a dish, food item, drinks (alcoholic or non-alcoholic) to share with the group. The creativity is amazing, and always so tasty.
• OPTIONAL: Folks who are inclined can share a Joomla! extension. Each person will have only about 10-15 minutes to share a mini-presentation on an extension you like using and think the group would too. Note: it must be a 2.5 or 3.x extension - no more 1.5 demo's for extensions please.
• Alternatively, if those who attended the Joomla! World Conference would rather share some of the highlights of the Conference, instead of an extension, that is cool too.
Please enter your name, food dish and extension (or JWC) into the Google spreadsheet for the Extension Potluck so that we can all plan accordingly.
This event will be held at the NextSpace Union Square in San Francisco. It is upstairs from the BART Station. You can BART in, park at a BART and take BART, ride a bike or drive in and park. Here's what NextSpace says about getting there:
See Maps of Area at Bottom!
1) Take public transportation? Easy. We’re located right above the Powell Street BART and Muni station.
2) Need to park your car? A good price, and recommended Garage is at http://www.eofgarage.com/ OR Check out the Yerba Buena Parking Garage that’s only a block away: http://www.fifthandmission.com/home.htm. Or want a better rate for a longer walk? Check out this garage at Turk and Taylor for only $10/day with in and out privileges http://www.sfparkinggarage.com/rates.
3) Going green and riding a bike? There’s no bike parking in the building but you can definitely lock your bike right outside the front door near the lobby and you’re all set!
This event is no charge. We will supply paper products.
This will be a great way to close 2013 after another great year working with Joomla! and each other.
Looking forward to seeing you there!!
Jenn & James