I need some recommendations for extension(s) that give me CCK (content construction), version control, access authorization (ACLs) and workflow. THANKS for your thoughts!
Here's the scenario:
- Content Topic A
- Topic B
- Topic C
- Joe - Topic A only
- Susan - All categories
- Frank - Topic B and C only
- Content Construction Kit - I need to be able to create several layout/formatting options for authors - ala K2, FlexiContent, etc.
- ACLs - Separate reviewers and authors. "Authors" can create, edit and categorize articles, but not delete or publish. "Approvers" can publish, but not create, edit or delete articles.
- Publishing Work Flow - We need to create rules for approval. For example if an article appears in Topic A it can be published by authorized "Approvers". The same for Topic B EXCEPT if it's in topic B AND has a link to an outside website. In that case, it must go to an outside link approver first - then to a Topic B approver. Topic C articles are automatically rejected if they don't have at least one image, must be approved by a fact checker, and an editor before appearing on the site.
- Version Control - Need to maintain several versions of articles. Once an article is published to the site, if an author makes a change, the old version will appear to visitors until the updated version has been republished.
- Create Article - Mary, an author writes and article and selects "Topic B" as the Joomla Category. She is prevented from publishing the article but can save it.
- Notify "Approvers" - The extension kicks off an e-mail to everyone with permission to publish Topic B articles (Susan and Frank). Joe doesn't get an e-mail, nor does he see the article in the Article Manager.
- Review/Reject - Either Susan or Frank (authorized "approvers") read the article and decide it's not ready for publication - they add a comment explaining why.
- Notify Author - Mary (author) automatically gets an e-mail letting her know there's an issue.
- Author Corrects - Mary (author) logs in and fixes the article then saves it
- Notify "Approvers" - Again Susan and Frank gets an e-mail notification about the update
- Review/Accept - Susan or Frank log in, review the updated article and publish it. The article is now live on the site for visitors to enjoy
- Versioning - Mary realizes there's a factual mistake and needs to change it. She logs in and makes the change. The old version of the article (with the error) still appears to visitors.
- Review/Approve - Susan and frank again get an e-mail. One of them logs in and approves the update. The new version of the article now appears to visitors.