This is excellent! I've never had this much IN on the joomla platform. I appreciate your taking the time to share with the rest of us. Love getting those discount codes too!
Where would I get the info about the next conference when it is announced? I'm considering attending.
On Jul 29, 2014, at 2:06 PM, James Foreman <[address removed]> wrote:
Hello Joomla Bay Area Aficionados,
I hope you are enjoying the Joomlaverse, and on a personal note, the great weather we are having!
I was in Minnesota last week for the 1st Annual Joomla Day Minnesota and it was a blast. Not only did it renew my excitement for Joomla, it was very evident that the vibes for Joomla worldwide is really rockin'. In fact this year there has been a huge increase in the average amount of monthly downloads of Joomla. Joomla 3 has been a hit and giving the competitors a run for their money.
A few key highlights at Joomla Day Minnesota included:
- The new OSM (Open Source Matters) Board is focussed mostly on communication. Yup, they got the message that communication was lacking in relation to the Joomla community as a whole, and they are committed to doing something about it. Vic Drover and Rod Martin where there to let us know that changes are on the way.
- The new JED (Joomla Extension Directory) is currently in development and should be ready sometime this Fall.
- There was a new company brought in to create a strategy for Marketing Joomla worldwide and their strategy will be turning into action by the end of the year as well.
- Joomla 2.5 is still slated to end of life by December, 2014, and Joomla 3.4 to be released in September or October.
The conference was well attended, and in fact sold out a few weeks before it happened. They are already planning another for next year and I hope to be there again.
Videos of all the presentations will be made available next week at www.joomladay.mn
. Note that some were on Business Marketing and others on Web Development, relating to things beyond Joomla in many cases.
Check out these great discounts by Joomla Service Providers in relation to this event:
• Save 50% on watchful.li! (epires by 08/20/14)
• Save 50% on PR Caffeine's Digital Marketing Secrets Seminar! In addition they will donate $5 to the Joomla! Project! (expires 08/02/14 end of day)
• (mt) media temple is offering 40% off 1st month of DV (up to level 3) using code: JoomlaDay2014 (expires 08/31/14)
• Siteground is offering 3 months free Joomla Hosting
• If you attend a 1 hour webmerge webinar you will get a free JoomlaDay 2015 ticket!
• Save $50 on jInbound using code: JDMN14 (expires 10/19/14)
• Save 20% on Seblod by Octopoos VIP Premium membership with code: JDMN_2014
• Get Mobile Joomla! Club 1 year Subscription for only $59 using code: JDMN14 (expires 07/30/14)
• Save 25% off Geo Radius Search by CNP Integrations using code: YOUBETCHYA
• Save 35% off print books (including Official Joomla Press Books) using code USERGROUP and 45% off ebooks & videos using code: IUGD45
• OSTraining is offering JUG members 20% off all Joomla, Drupal or WordPress classes, training and products. Coupon code: meetup
Really happy to be back and look forward to seeing everyone soon at the upcoming workshops.
Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to everyone on this mailing list ([address removed])
This message was sent by James Foreman ([address removed]) from The Joomla Bay Area Users Group.
To learn more about James Foreman, visit his/her member profile
To report this message or block the sender, please click here
Set my mailing list to email me As they are sent | In one daily email | Don't send me mailing list messages
Meetup, POB 4668 #37895 NY NY USA 10163 | [address removed]