The Joomla Bay Area Users Group Message Board The Bay Area Joomla Users Group Discussion Forum › Contact form that looks better than core Joomla contact form

Contact form that looks better than core Joomla contact form

Carol M.
mattsson
Cupertino, CA
Post #: 16
Hi All,

We all know the default contact form in core Joomla works well and is a no-brainer to set up, but I think the layout is ugly and takes up too much space, if you just want to show the company's contact info and a simple contact form. Tab or slider takes less vertical space, but requires an extra click to get to the form.

If you include a photo it makes the contact area take even more vertical space, and it's way off to the right.

Yet most clients quietly accept that standard display (no tabs or sliders, put in a small landscape-oriented photo and use CSS to move it left). Finally a design-savvy client has said he really doesn't like that layout. I could use BreezingForms and make a custom form in a normal article, but maybe it's time to come up with a contact form that is just as easy to set up as the one in core Joomla, but looks better.

I see there are a BUNCH of popular contact form replacements at the Joomla Extension Directory, but it would be time-consuming to sort through them all. Would anyone like to help me narrow down my choices? Does anyone have a simple, easy to set up contact form that they can recommend to us? Include links or screenshots if you can please.

Thanks in advance,
Carol Mattsson
Carol
Lynette T.
user 10119379
Pleasant Hill, CA
Post #: 16
Hi Carol,
Do you mean the form that displays the info for a contact, or the contact form for the visitor to send email to the contact?
Lynette
Jennifer G.
user 9435710
Santa Cruz, CA
Post #: 33
i like contact enhanced. www.idealextensions.com

http://idealextension...­