Patrick S C.
user 27081132
Carrollton, TX
Post #: 1
Question
I do not have a wi-fi card and at this time is see
no reason to spend that kind of cash for 1 meeting.
does any one know if I can rent one for the night or
should i just wait for next month.
Thanks Pat
Patrick S C.
user 27081132
Carrollton, TX
Post #: 2
i could be lost
happens a lot LOL
is the wi_fi card for a wireless network
like the one i have at home.
or a card to get Internet mobile were there is no wireless met work to log on to
sorry for the question but i think i 'm over thinking this
Thanks Pat
A former member
Post #: 3
A WiFi card is used for WiFi networks. Could be used at home or at Starbucks. Most laptops come with one.

If you use one, you have find a network that you have access too. Private networks require a key to log on. Some private networks even require you to know their name as well as a key. An example of this is having internet at your house. Most companies will come in and set up wireless internet and set up your computer so all you have to do is turn it on. That requires a Wifi card in your computer to work. Most are built with it in, some you have to add a physical card to (if you do, maybe it's time for an upgrade?). While you home network is broadcasting, only you have access to your key so usually people cannot just access it without the key.

Public access Wifi (also called Wifi Hotspots) usually require a simple log in. It could be that you accept the terms on their portal page, or a key you type in that they make public at the front counter.

The other type is sometimes called Mobile internet. That is where you are paying for the service usually through a cell phone provider like AT&T or Verizon. Usually those are for people who absolutely need internet on the go without trying to find a WiFi hot spot. Those are costly and you should know if you have it.

The third option is tethering your phone to your computer. It lets you have internet anywhere you have service. Of course you have to pay for that as well

I hoped I helped a little.
Patrick S C.
user 27081132
Carrollton, TX
Post #: 3
yep was over thinking again
thanks
see you Monday

ps

could you delete this
so I don't look real confused
LOL