Joomla! User Group - Dallas / Fort Worth Message Board Joomla! User Group - Dallas / Fort Worth Discussion Forum › Location for Tarrant County Joomla Meetings

Location for Tarrant County Joomla Meetings

Wilma
geekette
Group Organizer
Mansfield, TX
Post #: 83
At the March 18th meeting, we discussed various places where we might meet. This thread is to continue this location discussion so that we won't needlessly clog mailboxes by using the mailing list for this discourse. Also, using a thread on this board seems a better solution than limiting the location dilemma to just one meetings comments.
Wilma
geekette
Group Organizer
Mansfield, TX
Post #: 84
At this first meeting, it was suggested that we have subsequent meetings off I20 for convenience, I checked out America's Best Coffee in South Arlington on the way home and it appears too small.
Russell B.
user 8514070
Roanoke, TX
Post #: 1
I would love to see some place in central or north Arlington, hurst euless Bedford area, north Richland hills Southlake areas would be awesome. Thank you
Don C.
user 9562068
Aledo, TX
Post #: 2
As a preference, anything off of I-20 would be great.
Deborah K.
user 65857432
Fort Worth, TX
I could arrange for us to use the "Internet Cafe" at my place at 3450 River Pk Dr. (Just off Texas 183 - about 3.5 miles from I20). It's a private room with internet access. It's very comfortable and would probably accommodate our group nicely. Let me know who might be interested.
Christopher S.
user 45281732
Carrollton, TX
The Original Pancake House on William D. Tate in Grapevine just south of the 114/Wm. D. Tate intersection has two meeting rooms. My referrals group meets there every Wednesday morning, and the staff there are helpful. The rooms will accommodate up to about 30 people reasonably comfortably. The rooms are free, and attendees are free to order whatever food they want.....or not. I have yet to attend one of these Joomla meetups, so I don't know how many people show up for them, but I have had good experiences with group meetings at this restaurant.
Wilma
geekette
Group Organizer
Mansfield, TX
Post #: 86
Deborah, I think driving to West Fort Worth is about as appealing to someone in the North Mid-Cities as driving to Grapevine is for me or you.

I'm coming from Mansfield where I'm quite certain no one else wants to meet. Don is coming from Aledo. At our last Tarrant meeting we had Don and I, Deborah (Southwest FW), Cindy (Southwest FW), Martin (North GP), and Chuck (Dallas).

La Madeleine on South Cooper in ArlIngton is about a block North of I20 and they have free wifi. That might be an appealing option for us to the South. It's close enough to 820 to make that an option for those coming from the North.

Wilma
geekette
Group Organizer
Mansfield, TX
Post #: 87
If we can get a sufficient number of Tarrant attendees regularly we could look at having both a North and a South meeting in the future.
Christopher S.
user 45281732
Carrollton, TX
Post #: 2
What day, time, and frequency are we talking about here? Although I prefer Grapevine (because I live here and I'm selfish wink ), I am willing to go to Arlington on the north side of I-20 if I don't have to content with rush hour traffic, etc. Also, Monday nights are always going to be out for me—I have church related commitments every single Monday night, and 1 or 2 Thursday nights each month.

I really would like to attend one of these things and see what they're all about.
Wilma
geekette
Group Organizer
Mansfield, TX
Post #: 88
What day, time, and frequency are we talking about here? Although I prefer Grapevine (because I live here and I'm selfish wink ), I am willing to go to Arlington on the north side of I-20 if I don't have to content with rush hour traffic, etc. Also, Monday nights are always going to be out for me—I have church related commitments every single Monday night, and 1 or 2 Thursday nights each month.

I really would like to attend one of these things and see what they're all about.

We're talking about once a month on a weeknight around 6:30 or 7pm to give people a chance to get there after work. In the past, we've had it on Mondays because:

• Monday is a slow night for some restaurants which makes for a quieter environment.
  • It's easier to remember if all the meetings are on the same night of the week.
  • And probably some other reasons that I've forgotten.

I'm okay with considering a different night for a future meeting.

We discussed North Arlington at our last meeting, and our biggest concern was that the traffic vortex around Six Flags, The Ballpark, the Cowboy Stadium, and the Arlington Convention Center would prove a barrier to attendance.