Promote Your Next Event With Joomla!
Where: Detroit Zoo, Ford Education Center - First floor conference room
When: July 23, 2014 at 7:00 p.m.
Who: Son Koral, Organizer
At one point or another, when people hear that you build websites, they'll undoubtedly ask you to do one for them. Many of the requests that I've received over the years were to build one for an upcoming event.
Some of the types of event websites that people requested were:
• Family Reunions
• Business Conferences
• Meetup Groups
• Baby Showers
• Birthday Parties
Successful Event websites have to be informative, yet in many cases, also must "sell the sizzle" -- especially if you're hoping people will pay hard earned money to come to the event.
We will also take a look at a few Joomla scheduling and event extensions for handling registration and also evaluate external third party event solutions (Meetup.com & Eventbrite.com).
You will take away:
• Understanding the components to an event website
• Joomla site structure for an Event website
• Joomla Event extensions
• Extenal Event Booking sites and the Joomla extensions to connect them
• How to create Speaker Tracks (for conferences and conventions)
• Building a successful RSVP page