addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Chicago JavaScript Meetup Group Message Board Tips and recommendations › Server-side JavaScript

Server-side JavaScript

Zishan A.
ZishanAhmad
Plainfield, IL
Post #: 1
I first came across the concept of Server-side JavaScript while evaluating OpenLaszlo Webtop as a replacement for our customer webmail GUI.

There is the obvious benefit in reduction of code duplication (i.e. think business logic objects server and client side), but what other pros/cons are there? Why do you think this 'technology' has not become more prevalent in usage?

Google is obviously my best friend, but does anyone have any preferred resources detailing the pros and cons of this approach?

Regards.
Zishan A.
ZishanAhmad
Plainfield, IL
Post #: 2
It seems one JavaScript "server" was was partly discussed at the March meetup (presentation?­).

Please let me know if anyone has the full audio or video of Don's presentation.
Brian M.
user 6061205
Group Organizer
Chicago, IL
Post #: 3
Here is Don's Jaxer presentation (on our blog):

http://javascriptchicago.com/blog/?p=23­