addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

J-team Las Vegas Message Board › J-Team: Labeled as elitist?

J-Team: Labeled as elitist?

A former member
Post #: 45
I get told this all the time when I try to bring people to the meetups... Are we elitist?

My honest opinion for newcomers or the curious is that our meetup is not for everyone, but at least try going to an event before knocking it, really...

I also get asked many times to leave the J-Team from certain different groups that go to the Anime Vegas screenings. Ain't gonna happen.

The J-Team is one of the only successful groups outside of Anime Vegas. It has surpassed defunct groups such as Project Harajuku, Chibi Club, Unknown Cosplay Dojo, Las Vegas Otaku and OtakUNLV.

We are a group that share like-minded interests. The casual anime fan or Japanese visual culture hobbyist would best fit in with this net of friends. It's not really for the hardcore and diehard "anime is my life" otaku, as it is built to be more of a social gathering, not a marathon of just watching anime per meeting...

Your thoughts are appreciated. smile
Jason
JteamJason
Group Organizer
Las Vegas, NV
Post #: 381
Well, in my opinion, the reason why the "J-team" is so successful is because it's fundamentally different from all those aforementioned groups. It's not an anime club, it's just a large, extended group of friends. I've heard people refer to our friends as elitist, but I don't think that's accurate.
A former member
Post #: 12
I can understand the label... I mean, after all, the term is just to distinguish us from any other random group of friends... but I really don't think so. We don't claim to be anything MORE than just a large crowd of similarly inclined people. Who just happen to be awesome. :)
A former member
Post #: 421
Also.. dont forget LVO sucked from the beginning..
Who's retarded idea was that?

In all sincerity, I killed LVO because I simply didn't want to do it anymore.

Like your mom..Ohhhh...burn!
A former member
Post #: 46

Tony is alive! Woah!
Emonk
emonk422
Las Vegas, NV
Post #: 81

DOHOHOHOH­OHOHOHO
A former member
Post #: 94
All I can say is...

CORN FTW! *LQ reference*

Oh, and because we're not a specific sort of club (as Jason stated) and we're filled with different people, so no one really feels left out. Like, no one but me really dresses VK in JTeam, or there are PC games I don't play that hers do, but there are still interests in music and games we do share, like Brawl and of course, Warren's music.

Plus, the JTeam has Jesus, a DJ Remix artist, and a giant Chinese guy who calls himself Uncle Ray and has a brand of racist popsicles. Who DOESN'T want to join the JTeam?! WE HAVE EVERYTHING!
A former member
Post #: 65
Uncle Ray is hella not elitist, you're just special. I'll ROFLSTOMP YOU BITCHES!

On a sidenote, heres a joke that I was reminded of seeing some black kids riding bikes coming home from work: What do you call two blacks on one bike? Organized crime!
A former member
Post #: 96
What do you call two blacks on one bike? Organized crime!

Joke of the day. Thanks, Uncle Ray! (Oh man, that sounded so cheesy it rhymed. xD)
Emiliano
Skepsipol
Henderson, NV
Post #: 142
You know, the irony in people saying shit like that is we become more infamous because of it.

HAHA counter-productive much?

Besides, we don't think we're better than most people, we are.

Honestly though, what the hell do we do that is so great and appealing, that makes people jealous? We have a meetup site for our group of friends.

I guess finding an organized way for a large group of people WITH LIVES to get together is strange when you REALLY think about it.