align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Urban Jews PDX Meetup Group Message Board › High Holiday Options in Portland, Oregon - Free Options

High Holiday Options in Portland, Oregon - Free Options

Sarah L.
SarahLiebman
Portland, OR
Post #: 27
Shanah Tovah Urban Jews! Happy New Year!

I wish you all a sweet and meaningful new year.

Here, as promised, is information about options for High Holidays. Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish new year begins Monday night September 29. Rosh Hashanah begins the new year and is a joyous holiday but it also begins a ten day period of contemplation and setting things right with ourselves and others ending in Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement. This year Yom Kippur begins at sundown on October 8.

We are happy to offer you a wide array of options this year including services in homes and synagogues, and services in the non-denominational, Humanist, Reform, Reconstructionist, Conservative, Orthodox, Sephardic Orthodox, and Chabad traditions. We are lucky to have so many free and low cost options in Portland. Overwhelmed? Confused? Do not hesitate to email me and I will try to help you find a good match for you.

If synagogue isn't your thing, don't worry about it. We just want you to know that you have options.

Meetup won't let me post this email since it is quite long. If you are reading this message board, email me at urbanjewspdx[at]gmail.com and I will send you the message with all your options.

Sarah