This is NOT a Mosaic event, but Mosaic members might like to go anyway!
I added this event to our calendar because we have enjoyed events at Wild Basin in the past. This FREE Austin Museum Day participation is a great opportunity to visit this oasis well within the bounds of our wonderful city.
To see if anybody else from the club is going, visit our Meetup site:
Wild About Insects at Wild Basin Wilderness Preserve
in celebration of Austin Museum Day
Sunday, September 23rd, 9am-3pm
Free admission to the exhibit
We're Wild About Insects at Wild Basin! Visit this living museum and get ready to be fascinated by the world of insects. Participate in guided nature hikes on the trails from 9-11 am and 1-3 pm. Investigate our hands-on exhibits at the Environmental Education Center where you?ll learn about all the creeping, crawling, flying, buzzing, chirping life that is around us every day.
Surround yourself with live butterflies in our butterfly tent, examine butterfly wings under a microscope, and see an assortment of insects and arachnids. Reserve your spot for the bug-themed guided hikes today at [address removed] or drop by the exhibit between 9 am and 3pm.
* Butterfly tent - Enter an outdoor screened tent and surround yourself with native Texas butterflies. Dip your fingers in juice and let the butterflies land on you!
* Meet a variety of live insects and arachnids
* View insects in preserved collections
* See butterfly wings up close under a microscope
* Participate in guided insect- and arachnid-oriented nature walks through the preserve at 9am and 1pm (Reserve a spot for the guided hike at [address removed])
Join us for this free event on Sunday, September 23rd, at Wild Basin Wilderness Preserve!
Wild Basin Wilderness Preserve is located on the East side of Loop 360 in Austin:
805 N. Capital of Texas Hwy.
Austin, TX 78746
For more information, call[masked] or email [address removed].
Wild About Insects at Wild Basin this Sunday!