Jun 23, 2013 · 9:30 AM
This location is shown only to members
Question: Canoe + paddle + river =????
Answer: A day of fun on the water!
And that is exactly what we will have spending a day canoeing down the Delaware River. We paddled the Delaware a couple of times last year and had fantastic days on the water. Let's head back and do it again, except we're upping the challenge a little bit this time by tossing a little white water into the mix. Note, this trip is meant for experienced paddlers. If you're newbie to the activity I'm going to ask you to sit this one out.
- Cost will be $52.92 per person and includes all gear and bus transportation up/down the river.
- Please send that amount to me via PayPal at [masked]. Click the "Send Money" tab and check "Send money to family and friends" when sending payment to avoid having PayPal charge a transaction fee.
- Write Canoeing Payment in the subject line of the email to recipient section. Please also write your meetup screen name in the email body section so I know who the payment is from.
- Until I receive your payment your RSVP is not confirmed and your attendance is not guaranteed. Once I have confirmation of receipt of your payment I will move you to confirmed RSVP status.
- Refunds will be given only if the meetup is cancelled, rescheduled, or requested 5 or more days in advance of the meetup date.
The Important Stuff ...
- Distance paddled will be 13 miles and we'll be on the river about 5 to 6 hours. This is NOT a trip for novices, we'll be hitting some class I/II rapids that can be challenging to navigate in a canoe.
- Bad weather cancels the meetup -- check your email before you leave for updates.
- I will send my mobile number to those that RSVP a day before the meetup. If you have any problems or questions text or call me. Please be on time as we won't wait for latecomers.
** Important: please print and fill out the liability waiver to quicken registration CLICK HERE.
Some Other Important Stuff ...
- Wear river shoes or old sneakers at all times.
- Bring shorts, bathing suit, a tee shirt and wind-breaker plus sun screen. Also bring a rain poncho in case of showers.
- Bring a post-trip change of clothing and shoes for a comfortable ride home in case you get wet.
- Bring food and drinks! Plan to bring enough for a day on the river, especially drinks, you'll be thirstier than you realize. NO GLASS CONTAINERS ALLOWED!
- Pack all food and beverages into waterproof coolers with attached lids, and be sure to tie coolers and all gear (except life preservers) into your canoe.
- Use waterproof cases for all valuables, and be certain to keep cameras and cell phones in waterproof cases or containers, such as ziplock bags. Personally, I recommend not bringing anything onto the river that you'd mind getting wet.
- Whatever litter we carry in, we carry out.
- Sorry, no guests allowed.
We will need to carpool for this event. When you RSVP please indicate if you will be able to drive -- where from and how many passengers you can carry. If you need a ride, please indicate so and where you are located -- be proactive an contact drivers directly to arrange your ride. As a courtesy, gas and tolls should be shared among all riders.
This meetup is cross-posted over in Evenings and Weekends in NYC, be sure to check there for drivers/passengers when trying to coordinate carpooling http://www.meetup.com/E-W-N-Y-C/events/104493162/