July 27, 2013 · 10:30 AM
This location is shown only to members
*** Final trip details posted, please read ***
Hot town, summer in the city ...
Back of my neck getting burnt and gritty ...
Been down, isn't it a pity ...
Doesn't seem to be a shadow in the city ...
Man, FUNK DAT!
Summertime comes around and you can't pay me to spend my weekends in the sweltering asphalt jungle. Join me in my exodus out of town this day as we head over to the Delaware River for a little throwback entertainment -- we're going to grab some inner tubes and have an old fashioned river float.
Cost and How to Pay ...
Cost will be $29.40 per person and includes all gear and bus transportation up/down the river. Payment is via PayPal -- you don't need a PayPal account and can pay via credit/debit card.
Until I receive your payment your RSVP is not confirmed and your attendance is not guaranteed. Once I have confirmation of receipt of your payment I will move you to confirmed RSVP status.
Refunds will be given only if the meetup is cancelled, rescheduled, or requested 4 or more days in advance of the meetup date.
YOU MUST SUBMIT PAYMENT BY END OF DAY WEDNESDAY (7/24) OR YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ATTEND.
The Important Stuff ...
- Distance to float will be 5 miles and we'll be on the river about 4 hours.
- Bad weather cancels the meetup -- check your email before you leave for updates.
- I will give my mobile number to those RSVP for the meetup. If you have any problems or questions text or call me. Please be on time as we can't wait for latecomers.
** Important: please print and fill out the liability waiver to quicken registration CLICK HERE.
Some Other Important Stuff ...
- Wear river shoes or old sneakers at all times.
- Wear shorts, bathing suit, a tee shirt and hat plus sun screen.
- Bring a post-trip change of clothing and shoes.
- You can bring drink food and drink -- pack all food and beverages into a waterproof cooler with an attached lid, and be sure to tie coolers into a second tube. You'll have to tie this to your main tube so bring bungee cords or rope.
- Do not bring anything onto the river that you don't mind getting wet. Use waterproof cases for all electronics and valuables.
- Whatever litter we carry in, we carry out.
We will need to carpool for this event. When you RSVP please indicate if you will be able to drive -- where from and how many passengers you can carry. If you need a ride, please indicate so and where you are located -- be proactive an contact drivers directly to arrange your ride. As a courtesy, gas and tolls should be shared among all riders.
This meetup is cross-posted over in Evenings and Weekends in NYC, be sure to check there for drivers/passengers when trying to coordinate carpooling http://www.meetup.com/E-W-N-Y-C/events/109726452/