May 27, 2013 · 10:30 AM
This location is shown only to members
*** No need to RSVP "NO" if not attending ***
Did you miss the registration for the 5 Boro Bike Tour earlier this month? Or maybe you were just too cheap to cough up the $86 registration fee? Well, no worries, you're getting another chance to roll your bike through every NYC borough on this ride. Okay, we're only going to ride through four boroughs and not five, but hey, you get what you pay for -- there's no budget here for a police escort to shut down roads and bridges for us.
Our ride starts in downtown Manhattan and heads north to the Bronx, where we'll spend a good portion of today's ride exploring the Cross Bronx Greenway. Heard it's nice. Never really rode it. What better excuse than this ride? Here we'll make a slight detour to explore Arthur Avenue in Belmont, the heart of the Bronx's little Italy. Remember A Bronx Tale? It was based on this neighborhood. From here we'll hop, skip and jump through Queens and Brooklyn on our way back to the heart of the Big Apple. Four boroughs. Check!
Something is missing? Oh yes, food and refreshments! You know me and you know I usually never have an event where there isn't a stop to put something delicious in your mouth, today is no exception. The cuisine choice of the day is to be decided but bring dough. Near the ride's end we'll stop for some Columbian brew or something with a bit more kick.
A $2.00 organization fee will be collected at this event, your host is in the running for the title of hardest working person at meetup.
Cue sheet for the ride http://goo.gl/maps/5eWun. Print and bring it so you can catch up with the group in case you get separated.
The important stuff ...
- This is going to be a casually-paced (10 - 12 mph) ride of about 40 miles round trip. You must be comfortable riding in a group and in traffic. Helmets are the smart choice.
- Make sure your bike is in good working order before the meetup and bring a lock to leave our cycles. Bring a patch repair kit, air pump, and spare inner tube.
- Check your email the evening before you head out for last minute meetup updates as well as my mobile phone number which will be sent to those who RSVP.
- Please DO NOT RSVP if you do not seriously plan to attend as space is limited. No flakes allowed! If you RSVP and I notice that you have a number of no shows or have a history of last minute cancellations, you will be removed.
- Sorry, no guests allowed for this one.
- Rain cancels the meetup.